cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your web software doesn't work properly using Safari 7.0.3

Honored Contributor

Re: Simple Share will not Post to Facebook

Hello Ariel, 

I am sorry that you are running into this issue.  We are working to resolve the issue, would you like to be notified when this is fixed?  

Visitor

Hello,

We're also having this problem of the Simple Share link not correctly posting to our Facebook Fan Page. Twitter and LinkedIn are working correctly.

I have followed the steps above to remove the Facebook account and re-add the account.

What else should I try?

Thanks!

Sam Bowley

Honored Contributor

Hi @SamB846

Thanks for trying to remove and reconnect your Facebook. Let's take this one step further to see if we can get this working for you.

Please follow the steps again to remove Facebook from your Constant Contact account.

Now, please log into your Facebook account and click the drop-down arrow where you would go to log out and click on Settings

Next click on Apps >you may need to click to View All

Find the Constant Contact app and hover over it and click the X to remove

Now log back into your Constant Contact acount and follow the steps to reconnect Facebook.

This should reconnect on all sides. Please try those steps and let us know how that works for you!

Visitor

Hi Marissa,

The Facebook connector was removed from Constant Contanct and the App was removed from inside Facebook. The app was reinstalled through Constant Contact. I tried posting the most recent email send, and still get the error: Unknown error with the message "There was a problem posting to Facebook."

I've tried playing with all the setting in the Facebook app to ensure my profile is public. I've also tried editing the post in Constant Contact to see if any combination of thumbnail image, no image, post text would work. Nothing has helped yet.

Any additional ideas?

Thanks

Sam

Hi @SamB846

We've been made aware of this happening to some users where the reconnection doesn't help. Unfortunately while we work to resolve this for everyone the only additional option is to use URL to manually share on your page.

I've left a case open to our team to have you notified when this is resolved. I apologize for any inconvenience this causes!

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!

I am having this same problem--Simple Share will not post to Facebook.  I get an Unknown Error message.  Very strange because I also use another program for flyers called Rezora and have never had an issue posting to Facebook.  Twitter also worked fine.  I have tried all of the suggested steps to correct.  Has a solution to this issue been found?  Thanks!

@JamesD131 wrote:
I have tried sharing campaigns to my twitter and facebook accounts. Twitter works fine but can not post to facebook, keep getting unknown error.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Hi @KatherineL597

I'm sorry to hear that this happened. You said you followed the steps above. Did you remove the connection from Constant Contact to Facebook and remove the connection from Facebook to Constant Contact in the apps? I want to make sure I'm dotting my i's and crossing my t's.

Also, you can click on Share Again and then take the URL and share that manually on Facebook.

Please let me know if you tried all those steps as well. I have noted that this was failing for you within your account.

I am having the same issue. I have followed all the steps suggested above on three separate occasions and still I get an "unknown error" when using Simple Share. Any idea whenthis issue will be reolved?

Occasional Visitor

I am having a similar issue, only Constant Contact is not showing up under Apps in my Facebook account.  Sounds like something internal...looking forward to a solution.

Hi @CandyceM and @KellyB8732

Sorry to hear you are both running into this. Currently the only workaround is to disconnect Simple Share from within your Facebook page. This has not worked for everyone but seems to be a solution for some. If you have not already tried this please give it a shot.

1. Log into your Facebook account.
  2. Click the drop-down icon on the right-hand side of the blue bar at the top of the page.
  3. Select "Settings".
  4. On the left-hand side of the page, click "Apps".
  5. Under the Apps you use section, find Simple Share by Constant Contact.
  6. Click the X to the right-hand side of the app.
  7. Click Remove.

Ad additional workaround for right now would be to manually share your email using the shortened URL. This issue has been escalated to our engineering team for resolution but I don't have a timeframe to share. Please let me know if you would like your cases left open to have you notified when this is resolved.

Thanks, 

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!