Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

add the forward to a friend feature

SOLVED
Top Answer
Matt_B.
CTCT Employee

Hey all,

I wanted to chime in on this thread regarding the lack of Forward to a Friend in the third-generation editor. The simplest answer is that due to lack of usage in our previous editor (both our users inserting this link, and recipients using this link) we decided not to implement the feature. We also wanted to solve for cases where this feature was used as a workaround (such as getting around possible display issues), with other features or improvements to the editor. With our current editor being under active development, we want to focus on the latest and greatest features that will bring as much value as possible to our users. While I can understand that some users found this feature valuable, our plan is not to rebuild the second-generation editor, but rather to learn from its mistakes/successes to create a new, best-in-class editor.

To address some of the concerns around the lack of this feature:

1. Display concerns: some folks like the peace of mind knowing that users can see a “clean-copy” of their email. As a work-around for this I would recommend including the recently released feature, “View as Webpage”. This will link to the web version of your email without any potential display issues, and it will not have any personal information of the original recipient.
  2. Referrals and new signups: we recommend including a link to a signup form within emails that you’re hoping will be referred along.
  3. Roadmap: we are currently developing a feature called “Social Share Bar” which will enable the ability for emails to be shared on social sites like Facebook and Twitter. This is on par with a feature in our second-generation editor; however we’ll be taking a slightly different approach to how this works and is placed within emails. The hope is that this feature will be another way to get emails shared on more channels and therefore attract more subscribers.

I love all the feedback I’ve been reading on the third-generation editor and the team is looking forward to continuing to deliver awesome new features into 2018. Stay tuned for some great new features coming out first thing in January!

Regular Visitor

Re: Forward email button

I also, have been looking for this feature and think it should be included. Nothing builds excitement about an email campaign as the ability to easily share with and invite friends. Please bring it back!

CTCT Employee

Hi @EvaJ,

Thanks for reaching out about this! We apologize for any inconvenience and do understand how important it is for your contacts to share your email campaigns. I forwarded your feedback to our programmers and tracked this request in your account. Please let us know if there's anything else we can assist you with!

Nichelle M
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Highlighted
Occasional Participant

It's absurd that they would take this away! It has always been one of the best features of Constant Contact. Word of mouth advertising is always the best, and that's what the "Forward to a Friend" button was all about.

CTCT Employee

@DemBC

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. I do apologize we currently do not have the Forward to a Friend option available in our new editor. I have tracked your request on your account, and if it does become available in the future, you will be notified through an email.

In the meantime, if you have any further questions please feel free to reach out to us here. We are always happy to assist you in any way we can!

Taryn Leinweber

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
All Star

I would also like to request the "Forward to a Friend" button for emails in the 3rd generation editor.  Especially since other email clients (such as Outlook or Gmail), tend to have issues with forwarding Constant Contact emails (i.e. the background color of text boxes overflows, the spacing between content is off, etc).  Being able to have the button (or link) would help immensely in keeping emails looking the way we intend them to look, and is especially helpful in getting those who are less technology literate to share what's been sent to them (Not everyone uses Facebook, Twitter, or other social media sites.  But if they're receiving an email, chances are, they can send the email onto their friends if they like the content).

~ Anna

CTCT Employee

Hey @LindaA23

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us! That is an amazing argument for the value of the Forward to a Friend feature. I will happily send your feedback to the development team as further evidence why this feature needs to be brought to the new editor! Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns. 

Desi_B

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Frequent Visitor

Re: add the forward to a friend feature

Is this feature ever going to come back? Having people forward from email client does not giving tracking info. PLEASE Bring this feature back.

Tags (2)
CTCT Employee

Hello @MichelleS1760,

This feature is something we are submitting feedback on, so hopefully it is something that will be back in our product soon. Thank you for letting us know how important this is to you! We will definitely track your feedback and submit it over to our engineers for review. Have a wonderful Sunday! 

Zoe_H

Occasional Advisor

Many of us on this thread have been pointing out that we are actually LOSING people without this feature. When people forward our emails to people who are not in our database, it can and is considered SPAM. The result is that we lose people who have subscribed because the person forwarded to UNSUBSCRIBES that person and can report us for SPAM. It would be a positive for Constant Comment to consider their loyal customers by adding this feature back in after all this time. Other services offer it. CC should as well.

CTCT Employee

Hello @dorism11,

That is a very good point, and we completely understand why this feature is important. I will also submit your feedback on this and hopefully it will be apart of our product again soon. I do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused, but we do appreciate your feedback very much. Thank you!

Zoe_H