cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

add the forward to a friend feature

Solution Provider

Re: subscription links/forwarding features insanely awful and broken...

Please keep me posted on this. I'd like to add it to my clients' emails.

CTCT Employee

Hello @TobiC0,

Thank you for your response! I will add this to your account as a feature request. We appreciate the feedback.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

-Curtis P
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media. Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!

We would find the Forward to a Friend feature very helpful in the 3rd generation editor. Please let us know when it is available. Thank you! 

CTCT Employee

Hello @LibbyW3,

Thank you for reaching out to the community!

I will add this to your account as a feature request. We appreciate the feedback and I will be sure to track your request with the appropriate teams.

-Curtis P

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media. Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Established Member

One more voice desperate to get the Forward to a friend option back. As so many have pointed out, not only do emails get distorted when simply forwarding through gmail, aol, etc, but the originial subscriber often gets unsubscribed without their knowledge. I have had several of our organization's leaders asking why we dropped it. 

Highlighted
CTCT Employee

HI @NationalFederationofR,

Thank you for your feedback!  I will add this to your account as a feature request. We do appreciate your suggestions to make the product better.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

Donna_P.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Honored Contributor

Re: Forward Friend option

Hello @EuroStarsG

Thank you for posting within the Community about this. After looking at your account, it does appear that you are using our 3rd Generation Editor (3GE). Within this editor, the Forward to a Friend buttons are not currently available. I am sorry for the misleading articles around this. I can recommend that our team that updates the articles makes it a little clearer that this feature is available only within our 2nd Generation Editor (2GE). 

Our teams are currently collecting feedback around our customers who want this feature in their accounts, and I have tracked that you would like this feature. If you would like I can set up notifications to go to you if there are any updates around the request for this feature. 

All Star

I would also like this feature available in the new editor, please.

I realized in the Knowledge Base that what you show looks drastically different than what I have and I was worried that it meant we lost features.  It is helpful to have access to a "forward to a friend" button, given we can still access the form on the backend in our account settings --- but can't actually use it in the editor. :|

Thanks!

Hello @ORPA,

Thank you for the feedback! I have tracked this in your account. And thank you for pointing out it is still visible in the My Settings area. That's a great observation and one I will pass along to the developers as well. 

Nick S.
Social Media & Content Manager

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Occasional Visitor

As a former CC user I relied on the forward feature to allow me to track the reach of my email campaigns - regardless of whether anyone subscribed as a result. I manage a partner membership and being able to see where my emails are forwarded helpsme understand the behavior within a member organization. This the primary reason I returned to CC as a customer and I am very disappointed to find that this functionality is no longer available.