cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

add the forward to a friend feature

CTCT Employee

Re: "Forward to a Friend" Button

Hi @RosieL

Thanks for joining us in the Community! We certainly understand why it would be helpful to have this feature available to your emails and it can be important. We will add your account to the current request list as well.

We also appreciate your feedback on the survey tool and will pass this along to our development team.

Brian_H
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!

Is the Legacy template your older version? And when are you planning to release a newer version? 

CTCT Employee

Hello @AnitaS921,

Yes, the legacy templates are our older version of the editor.  The new third generation editor has already been released, and any of the 'standard' templates in your account will be using that newer editor.  We do not currently have an ETA on when the forward to a friend button will be added to this editor, but we'll be continuing to pass those requests on to the engineering team so that they know it's something people are wanting and asking about.

Aaron H

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.

Re: subscription links/forwarding features insanely awful and broken...

One more voice desperate to get the Forward to a friend option back. As so many have pointed out, not only do emails get distorted when simply forwarding through gmail, aol, etc, but the originial subscriber often gets unsubscribed without their knowledge. I have had several of our organization's leaders asking why we dropped it. 

All Star

Re: Add the forward to a friend feature

It doesn't appear that Forward to a Friend has made in traction with your development team. When a company makes too many changes to their website's functionality at one time, people will go elsewhere. If one is going to learn to use a new system and the service you previously provided is no longer available, find a competitor that has the features you want.

Sincerely,

Vicci

CTCT Employee

Re: Add the forward to a friend feature

Hello @Aramco-ExPats,

I know that this request has been on the forums for awhile, and I can understand your concerns.  There are quite a few feature requests in the system, and no development team could implement them all at once.  We'll continue to track the requests for the team that is making changes.  Until this is available in the new editor, all accounts can still have access to the Legacy newsletter templates, and while it's not ideal, if you are in need of a feature like this, using those legacy templates is still an option.

Aaron H

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
CTCT Employee

Re: subscription links/forwarding features insanely awful and broken...

HI @NationalFederationofR,

Thank you for your feedback!  I will add this to your account as a feature request. We do appreciate your suggestions to make the product better.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

Donna_P.

Highlighted
All Star

Re: Forward to a Friend

Unfortunately, I spent a long time rebuilding a template in the new editor, assuming it would not only carry all the current features, but would be smoother and cleaner. The big mistake was not checking first, as not only am I not able to "forward to a friend" (which, by the way I have posted everywhere in the community, our best sellers of homes to their friends, how they could just click to share), but also missing anchor tags, table of contents, and no print preview for my company approval. Very disappointed and will be looking to make a change.

CTCT Employee

Re: Forward to a Friend

Hello @IRCCgraphics,

Thank you for reaching out to us today.  I do apologize for the absence of features that you were wanting in the latest version of the editor.  I will absolutely take your feedback and pass it along to the appropriate teams for review.

Briody_W

Frequent Visitor

Brian, we would like our account to be added to the current request list as well. Really need this feature!

Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!