cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

add the forward to a friend feature

Re: add the forward to a friend feature

Hi @AlexE63

Thank you for sharing your feedback on this! A feature like this is being reviewed, however it was not a highly used feature in our Second Generation Editor. In the meantime we have tracked in your account that you are looking for it as well.

Frankie P.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Occasional Advisor

With all due respect, I have a hard time believing that Forward to a Friend was not highly used. Every other platform similar to CC has that. If it wasn't popular, they also would have eliminated it. CC's customers have been begging for it for at least a year. As a business owner, the ongoing requests (begging, actually) should be honored. I am not a software developer but am assured that it would not be a difficult option to add in. If people don't want to use it, it would be their choice. Those of us who want it should have that choice. Again, as a loyal customer.

Hi @dorism11. You noted earlier that you had concerns about contacts being unsubscribed when forwarding an email to a friend. It's a very valid point and I did want to mention that. Although we do not have a workaround to prevent the unsubscribe from happening, there is a message that appears when someone clicks the Unsubscribe link that states "If this isn't your email address you haven't been added to any mailing lists and there is no need to unsubscribe." The original contact's email address appears above the message as well so it is clear that the receiving contact has not been added to any mailing lists. This was put in place to alleviate any confusion when an email is forwarded. 

Caitlin M.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Occasional Advisor

In reality, someone who receives an email from an unknown source and possibly considering it to be spam, isn't going to bother to stop and look at that. They're just going to hit Unsubscribe. It's a nice thought but it's not a viable workaround.

CTCT Employee

Hello @dorism11,

We do completely understand where you are coming from, and even though someone might skip past that message and click unsubscribe anyways, we did put it there to try and prevent that as much as possible. We do apologize for the inconvenience this is causing, and we are submitting your feedback over to our engineers for review. Thank you and have a wonderful Sunday! 

Zoe_H

Occasional Visitor

I think one reason CC thinks the feature was underutilized is that... people don’t utilize it enough. They just go ahead and forward. But that’s something to deal with through better UI design, not be dropping it.

By not including the forward to friend feature, and by not providing a different tracking method, CC totally underestimated the power of word-of-mouth and direct recommendation, which are the most valuable marketing available to any company or service.
Valued Contributor

I think this is probably true, and you can see why a person might be reluctant to forward when they have to bring in the address(es) of people they want to forward it to individually, enter them in separate fields that may or may not be the way they can easily copy/paste from their email client, etc.

On the other hand, at least one of the other ESPs (and I suspect more than one) who continue to offer this feature, only send a LINK to the online version of the email rather than forwarding the ACTUAL email. This is why the way Constant Contact was doing it in the 2nd gen editor was better than some of the others. I sincerely hope that if they DO bring this feature back they do it the way it was before, where the ACTUAL email is forwarded.

Occasional Visitor

I am on a trial CC right now coming from MailChimp and JUST tried to find the forward to a friend option as we used that with MC.   Add me to the frustrated list

Visitor

I never used it in the past but suddenly found a great need for it.  Very disappointing to find it no longer there.  One more vote to put it back.  Can't be that hard.

Highlighted
Visitor

This is such an important feature. Why they would remove it on newer versions is beyond me! Please bring it back!!

Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!