cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

add the forward to a friend feature

Re: Re: "Forward to a Friend" Button

Hi, is there an update on the status of this feature being added to the Third Generation Editor? We recently had a custom template built by Constant Contact. When I tested out how it looks when it is forwarded from Outlook to Gmail, the formatting was completely off. It would be great to have the forwarding feature for that reason and the reasons other people have shared. Thank you!

CTCT Employee

Hello @TAFoodBank,

Thank you for reaching out to us in regards to the ''Forward to a Friend'' feature. At this time we do not have any available updates for the addition of this feature in the new Third-Generation editor. Although they are still reviewing this option, I'd be more than happy to submit your feedback to the correct team. In addition to that, there is some information that we would love to add to the feedback you have provided. In regards to the display issue you were mentioning, if you could send us some information on:

- What are the display issues (stretching, colors, etc)?
- What email client was the email forwarded from?
- What email client was the forwarded email received at?

- Would you be able to provide us with a screenshot of the issue being experienced?

You can email this information to social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com along with a reference to this post. If you happen to have this information, we will attach this information along with your feedback. Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist with today. 

Tiago_R
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing

Re: "Forward to a Friend" Button

Forwarding from their email server causes the background to be copied for the new email.  When it is  dark, you can't read the text.  Also, we have no idea who they sent it too.  Please make available again.

CTCT Employee

Hello @CSWeek,

Thank you for your input. Consistency and accurate reporting are both very important concerns for your emails.  I would be happy to pass along that feedback. If you have any screenshots or more information on the display issues you are receiving, please send them to social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com and reference this post and I would be happy to make sure all of that information is attached to your feedback!

Briody_W

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
All Star

Um, duh, the missing "Forward to a Friend" feature is essential to prevent people from unsubscribing others. Please add this with haste to your newer editor. 

CTCT Employee

Hello @AmyH0313,

I can definitely see why that's an important feature for you and I have submitted your feedback to our developers! Thank you for reaching out to us about adding that forward to a friend feature to the new editor.

Amber_L

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.

I also would like to have a "forward to a friend" feature. Some of my subscribers have requested this. They like to share my content but their email clients change the appearance of my email and they are unhappy with the results.

CTCT Employee

Hi @KelleyH38,

Thank you for your feedback! We understand that this function is important to some of our customers, and our developers are looking into possibly adding it back.  I will add your account to that request so you can be notified when it becomes available!

Donna_P.

Tags (2)

Very frustrating indeed.  Can't say I am happy with Constant Contact these days.  Waiting for a LONG time for them to revamp their survey feature.  Archaic and impossible and with free survey services out there you'd think it would be a priority for them!  Frustrated.

Yes, please make it available.  IMMEDIATELY.  This is a NO BRAINER!

Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!