cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

add the forward to a friend feature

All Star

Re: Can you forward an Email you received to your contacts?

What is the reason for this?  I'd very curious.  This is something we would do very often, and seems fairly universally valualbe, by are large percentage of your users.

To me, it's one major weakness of using this (and maybe other) online email marketing tools.

What gives?

Honored Contributor

Re: Can you forward an Email you received to your contacts?

HI @MarkD13

Great question. The reason why we don't have this functionality is because your contacts didn't sign up to receive those other people's emails. You'd be sending them unsolicited email which is against our Terms and Conditions

Sorry for any inconvenience. But if someone didn't give explicit permission to receive emails from that company, you can't send it.

Re: add the forward to a friend feature

Hi @EstyR

Thank you for posting! At this time there isn't a way to add the "Forward to a Friend" feature in our newer editor, which is what you have in your account. I've noted in your account that you've requested this feature, and if it becomes available I will make sure to let you know. Thanks!

Natalie B.
Social Media Marketing Manager
If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Occasional Visitor

Dear Natalie,

Thank you for help, how long it usually able to make this feature available?

Esty

Hi @EstyR

That's a great question, unfortunately I do not have an ETA for when that feature would be included in the 3GE editor, which is the one you're using. I have created a case in your account noting that you would like that feature (case # 17097954) and if I receive any updates on it I would be happy to reach out and let you know. I apologize that I don't have any further information on that at this time. 

Natalie B.
Social Media Marketing Manager
If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

All Star

Can't find the "Forward to A Friend" button or embed code?

Hi, I've setup the "Forward to a friend' settings under My Settings.  

However, even after starting a new campaign with another template, I dont' see the "Forward to a Friend" link in the footer.  Neither can I find any sort of embed code to place this link or even a button anywhere else in my email body.  Can anybody help?

thanks

Nicole

Honored Contributor

Re: Can't find the "Forward to A Friend" button or embed code?

Its not in all templates.

The system is a mis-mosh of different options at this point. 

All Star

If this helps anyone, here's a reply from the helpdesk (summarized)

"We currently have two editors in Constant Contact accounts. The generation 2 editor has the forward to a friend feature but the generation 3 editor does not have that functionality yet, although we are requesting it every time a customer asks for it.  There is no workaround at this time."

Is Constant Contact even developing the email marketing solution further?  I need a better solution than this.

CTCT Employee

Hello Nicole,

Thank you for your feedback. Currently the Forward to a Friend feature is not available in our 3rd Generation Editor. Our engineers are always looking for ways to improve our editor. I have passed along to them that the Forward to a Friend feature is important to you. Right now the only work around would be to instruct your customers to use the Forward button in their email client.

I will be emailing you with more information that is specific to your account.

We love hearing feedback from our customers! Feel free to use the Feedback button on the bottom left of your home page. Let us know what you love and what we can work on!

Anna Davila
Community & Social Media Support

Occasional Contributor

How do I add this so recipients can forward campaigns without losing formatting
Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!