cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

add the forward to a friend feature

CTCT Employee

Re: add the forward to a friend feature

Hi @EstyR,

We are glad you asked about adding the Forward to a Friend Feature in the latest editor. Our Development Team is actively tracking feedback and information on this to determine the best way to approach that feature. Once an update has been made we would be happy to let you know. Thanks!

Ryan Hoffner
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.
Visitor

Re: Can you forward an Email you received to your contacts?

In our case, we are a community church that is part of a larger church organization.  Our subscribers want information from the larger church and it is just a time drain to have to recreate the information!  This certainly seems like functionality that would benefit those of us in this particular situation.

CTCT Employee

Hello @CariA3

Thank you for your feedback. I can see how a feature that lets you forward an email to your own contacts will help you save some times when your are creating your account. We make updates often, and are always interested in hearing how each of our customers use the product in their own enviroment. I am going to add this to our feedback system where we share thoughts from our cusotmers.

I recommend that you contact the larger church. If they send out to several smaller churches information about the church and programs they may want to consider our Partner Program. They can have one account for them and several child accounts under them. They can create templates and copy them to the child accounts. More information about Partner Program.

Anna Davila

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.
All Star

Hear, hear.

We also have wanted this functionality, and considered going back to regular old email for lack of it.

Our community has signed up to receive info from us, and that covers us occasionally forwarding other groups' emails.

It's still from us. We're curating it.

Maybe it's different for companies, but for us non-profits, it's very reasonable to forward occasional emails from other groups to our community.
Visitor

Thank you for the information on the Partner Program but, if there is any additional associated cost with that (which is not clear via the link you sent), I'm pretty sure the parent church would not be interested.

CTCT Employee

@CariA3

There is no cost to join our Partner Program. After they fill out the form one of our Account Managers will reach out to them and discuss their situation and see if the Partner Program would fit in what they want to accomplish. If they would like to learn more they can check out the Partner Program Association to learn more.

Anna Davila

Occasional Visitor

Re: Can't find the "Forward to A Friend" button or embed code?

Please fix - Please.....  

All Star

Do NOT instruct your customers to use the Forward button in their email client, unless you want to have to sort out mysterious Unsubscribes later.  If Customer A uses their email client's Forward function to send your email to Stranger B, then Stanger B opens the email and clicks the Unsubscribe link, it unsubscribes Customer A.

If you are okay with the instances where that will happen, go ahead and encourage forwards.  Some users don't care, because the instances are few and far between.  Other users who don't know about this issue spend time failing to figure out how Custumer A was unsubscribed, and spend more time failing over and over to simply add Customer A back to their contacts.

Michael

Honored Contributor

One instance when CTCT removed something that wont be missed.

Forward Friend option

Hello. I am trying to utilize the forward a friend option. I have gone ahead and set up the settings under the email features tab, however, once I open a template to work on, I fail to see how to insert a tab that will allow my readers to forward the email. Could you please advise me what the necessary steps are, and perhaps include that in your summary on how to set up this feature as it is quite misleading and difficult to follow. Much Thanks, Euro Stars Gymnastics
Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!