cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

add the forward to a friend feature

Honored Contributor

Re: Forward Friend option

Hello @EuroStarsG

Thank you for posting within the Community about this. After looking at your account, it does appear that you are using our 3rd Generation Editor (3GE). Within this editor, the Forward to a Friend buttons are not currently available. I am sorry for the misleading articles around this. I can recommend that our team that updates the articles makes it a little clearer that this feature is available only within our 2nd Generation Editor (2GE). 

Our teams are currently collecting feedback around our customers who want this feature in their accounts, and I have tracked that you would like this feature. If you would like I can set up notifications to go to you if there are any updates around the request for this feature. 

Re: add the forward to a friend feature

It looks like people have been asking for this feature for a few years.  Any reason why it is not in place yet?  It is an essential tool for growing our audience, and it is a tool that was included in Constant Contact in the past.

Hello @DebL3. The Forward to a Friend feature is still something that our Product team is tracking but I assure you that they are listening to your feedback along with others who have requested this feature as well. I have submitted your feedback to them and the contact email on your account will receive notification of any updates.

Caitlin M.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
CTCT Employee

Hello,

@DebL3

I would love to follow-up regarding this feature request, and maybe why it's taken longer than hoped to develop. In reality, it was one of the least used features in our previous editor. By that I mean, end users (your recipients) very rarely used the "forward to friend" link, favoring the email client forward instead. For example, more people would use the forward button in, say, Gmail, rather than a forward link in the actual email, or the footer.

Considering some of the other list growth tools we provide (website sign-up forms, Facebook sign-up forms, mobile apps, or just a "Join my List" link in the email), we saw Forward to Friend as the least effective of the bunch. However we've been looking into additional tools and options to help drive growth in new ways, possibly including forward to friend.

Would love to know your thoughts or suggestions!

Matt Breen
Product Manager
Third-generation Editor
All Star

I would also like this feature available in the new editor, please.

I realized in the Knowledge Base that what you show looks drastically different than what I have and I was worried that it meant we lost features.  It is helpful to have access to a "forward to a friend" button, given we can still access the form on the backend in our account settings --- but can't actually use it in the editor. :|

Thanks!

Hello @ORPA,

Thank you for the feedback! I have tracked this in your account. And thank you for pointing out it is still visible in the My Settings area. That's a great observation and one I will pass along to the developers as well. 

Nick S.

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media. Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Visitor

Forwarding a campaign

If I try to forward an email I've made from my yahoo account, it gets distorted. I was told before that we need to use the "forward" button that's in the constant contact email itself and not forward from a third party, but I don't see any forward button on the campaign. Am I missing it? Do I just need to use the short url?

Thanks for the help!

CTCT Employee

Re: Forwarding a campaign

Hi @SkylerD22,

Thanks for coming to the Community with your questions. At this time, the 3rd generation editor does not have a "Forward to a Friend" option. The best workaround is to take the short link of the email and put it into the email. This way, it won't be distorted when people try to view it. Usually this is done by making a copy of the email and sending it out (usually to a test list with your email address in it). Once the email goes into sent status, it will generate a short URL that you can copy and paste into your other copy! I will be sure to pass along your request for the Forward to a Friend option as I can definitely understand how it is important your emails are previewing properly. But in the meantime, the short link will work. Let us know if you have any other questions.

Hayley L

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.
Occasional Visitor

As a former CC user I relied on the forward feature to allow me to track the reach of my email campaigns - regardless of whether anyone subscribed as a result. I manage a partner membership and being able to see where my emails are forwarded helpsme understand the behavior within a member organization. This the primary reason I returned to CC as a customer and I am very disappointed to find that this functionality is no longer available.

Hello @NancyB6,

I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused by the feature not being available in the third-generation editor. I understand how this would be a useful feature to have. I have created a case to our developers with your request and set it to have you notified if the feature is implemented. 

Nick S.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media. Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!