cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

add the forward to a friend feature

Re: Forward Friend option

Hello @MonicaL00. I'd be happy to clarify some things for you. 

You would only be able to access the second-generation editor in your account by copying an email that was created using this editor. If you were to create a brand new campaign using the Create button, the campaign would be created using the third-generation editor.

Also, the particular block that you have in that screenshot is designed to only have a left or right-aligned image as it was set up to have the text wrap around the image when it is in the left or right side of the block. However, I see that the rest of your drafts have blocks designed to have images be aligned left, right or center. 

Please let us know if there is anything else that we can assist you with!

Caitlin M.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.

Re: add the forward to a friend feature

Has this feature been added?  We need it because our sales team and customers are forwarding our promotional emails and someone they send it to doesn't want to receive the email and clicks the "unsubscribe" and it unsubscribes our customer or our sales person. So now they don't receive any of or other important emails.  Forward to a friend is a common way of sharing info and other systems offer this feature. 

Hello @AnitaS921. At this time, the Forward to a Friend feature is not available to use in campaigns created using our third-generation editor. I certainly understand how this would be useful for you and your contacts so your contacts do not become accidentally unsubscribed. I will note this feedback in your account and send it over to the appropriate team.

Caitlin M.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Regular Visitor

I too was disappointed to discover that the "Forward to a Friend" feature was no longer available as part of the new editor.  The new editor is great but the loss of this feature is disturbing as it was a vital tool in enabling list growth.  I am hopeful that the Constant Contact team will add it back very soon!

Hello @ThomasL76. Thank you for your feedback about the Forward to a Friend feature! I can see how this can be used as a list growth tool for you. In the meantime, you can include a link to your sign-up form in your campaign to allow new contacts to join your mailing list. I have tracked this request in your account and sent it over to our developers. 

Caitlin M.

Regular Visitor

Thank you - we do already include that link however it does not work as well without the "Forward to a Friend" feature as the messages often get "altered" (missing images, etc.) when recipients forward them using programs such as Outlook.  Additionally, the "Forward to a Friend" feature allowed us to see statistics (trends) regarding how often our messages were being forwarded -- without that feature, we lose that valuable insight.

Dear Caitlin,

So as far as I see, I am still not able to include a "forward to a friend" link or button to my email template?

Could you please help me saying which editor I have - 2nd or 3rd? 

Thank you!

Tags (1)
CTCT Employee

Hi @MichaelB9456

Thank you for reaching out to the Constant Contact Community. It's my pleasure to assist you today.

I have taken a look at your account and see that you are in the 3rd Generation Editor. So in this case you may add a link to your sign up form in the email and I will submit your feedback. 

Thank you for choosing Constant Contact. Have a great weekend! 

Adrienne B.

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Occasional Advisor

Yet another request from one of your customers requesting the Forward to a Friend link. I'm at a loss to understand the continued suggestion that a signup form has anything to do with a Forward to a Friend. Those receiving our emails are already signed up. We need a way to enable those who are already our contacts to forward the email to their friends who will then have the ability to sign up. What is currently happening is actually detrimental to your clients. How? Our contacts are forced to forward the email which includes the name and email address of a current contact. If that person is unhappy with the email, they hit unsubscribe and, what do we get? A unsubscribe. We lose a contact. Who probably don't even know they've been unsubscribed and then are **bleep** off at us - your client. And sometimes they even consider it SPAM. This isn't rocket science and I'm totally at a loss at CC's failure to address this so obvious issue. I believe people have been asking about this since the addition of Editor 3 - which is good otherwise. Please treat your customers as you would like to believe we treat our customers. Please don't cause us to lose customers. Thank you for your consideration.

CTCT Employee

Hi @dorism11

Thank you for the feedback, your detail in this feedback is great and I'm submitting it all directly to our product team. Please feel free to reach out if you need anything else. 

Thank you for choosing Constant Contact. Have a great day!

Adrienne B.

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!