cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

adding registered trademark to my e-mail

adding registered trademark to my e-mail

I was chatting with Aaron on how to add the registered trademark to an e-mail and the directions of alt+169 were given- this did not add it- help?
Tags (2)
1 REPLY 1
Marketing Advisor

Re: adding registered trademark to my e-mail

Updated July 2019:

Email templates in our Third Generation Editor do not offer access to its HTML. Instead we suggest copying and pasting your special character or symbol directly into your campaign.

-----

Hello JanieG94,

I am sorry that didn’t work. I am happy to help show you another way to add the registered trademark.  These instructions will require you to use HTML code.  If you're not comfortable doing that, please give us a call so we can help you.  You can add a special character or symbol to your email by editing your email's HTML code. First, you'll need to look up the HTML code for the character you want to add. Then, you can add the code using the Code View in the email editor.  The code for a Registered Trademark is:  &reg

Once you have the HTML code to use to make the special character or symbol appear in your email, you can add it to your email.

Once you have the HTML code to use to make the special character or symbol appear in your email, you can add it to your email.

To add a special character or symbol to your email:

1. Create or edit an email.
  2. Place your cursor over the block where you want to add the symbol.
  3. Click the click the Edit this block edit icon in the upper right-hand corner of the block.
  4. Click the Code View html button.
  5. In the Code View window, insert the code for the special character or symbol.
  6. Click Update.
    Note: If the HTML number doesn't work and you're getting an illegal character message, try entering the HTML entity or inserting an image instead.
  7. Click Save on the block you are editing.

The special character or symbol should now be in your email.  I hope that helps!