cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Due to an issue with YouTube, inserting videos in your emails is showing an error. Until they are able to resolve this issue, we recommend using a different video hosting service. We will continue to monitor this outage and update you as we have more information.

auto logout is really annoying

auto logout is really annoying

I'd really like it if I didn't have to re-login five or six times a day.
Tags (1)
8 REPLIES 8
CTCT Employee

Re: auto logout is really annoying

Hello @SamanthaNelson,

Thank you for reaching out about having to login multiple times a day. Can you please provide more information about what's occurring exactly? If you're leaving your screen for a bit, your account will time out due to inactivity, to keep your account secure. However, if it's logging you out in the middle of you actively working on something we'd love to look into that further for you! 

Amber_L
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

First, is there a way to change my name on this thing? "SamanthaNelson" hasn't been here in years.

Second, yes, I was referring to the timeout after a period of inactivity. I realize it's supposed to be for security purposes but, 1) it's really irritating when you have a lot to do and keep getting interrupted then have to log back in because you've been gone too long, and 2) I don't really see how having such a short logout time interval helps all that much from a security standpoint. This is the only website I've ever used other than banking and credit card sites that are like this. Has anyone there stopped to ask the question, "is this feature actually helping?"

Thanks for your consideration.

Tags (1)
CTCT Employee

Hi @SamanthaNelson 

Thank you for your reply! Yes, you can absolutely update your Community Screen Name. While logged into your account, click the name in the upper right corner, select My Account, under My Profile click Community Screen Name and update the information there. I will also submit your feedback directly to our developers regarding the inactivity logout. Thank you for choosing Constant Contact. Have a great day!

Adrienne B.

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Visitor

this is so annoying. is there way to stop it from happening. i waste a lot of time logging back in. I dont need to be secure in a home office where no one lives but me and my dog and he interested in email lists. there should be an option to remove this feature that is not necessary 

CTCT Employee

Hey there @JohnP70076 

I'd like to thank you for giving us your honest feedback. We have this feature set in place so that in situations where you're leaving your screen for a bit, your account will time out due to inactivity, to help keep your account secure. Although I can definitely understand how you feel, we especially do not want you to feel like time is wasted because of this. I will be sharing your feedback and idea to turn this feature off to the correct team.

Brigitte P

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Visitor

I hope this something that can be taken care of soon. This weekend while (which im still working on) working big survey campaign I have logged out 22 times each time while I was still working. The site didnt idle for more than 1 - 2 minutes each time. Is it really that necessary for an email list site to have more OVERZEALOUS security than banks do. Either theres a glitch thats causing a lot more harm than good or your idea security is out of hand and not needed. Thats 22 times Ive had to restart adding in email addresses by cutting and pasting each one. the countdown doesnt work with.  just before I made this post the countdown was 13:00 minutes and i was still logged out. having just finished typing in about 25 or so new email address on my way to hitting the next button i was completely logged out which werent saved. 

CTCT Employee

Hello @JohnP70076,

We completely understand why you feel this way and we are submitting your feedback and you will be notified of any updates. Thanks again for your honest feedback it is much appreciated! 

Zoe H.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

Hi everyone,

Thank you enough for your patience as we troubleshooted this experience. With that said I wanted to update you that this has since been resolved. Please let us know if for some reason you are still seeing this  "Are you still there?" message pop up when actively working in your account.

Frankie.P