cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

awaiting confirmation

Occasional Visitor

awaiting confirmation

I have several times tried to resubscribe, and have confirmed (the screen says I'm confirmed) but when I go to  I am still listed as awaiting confirmation. Also a friend at is still listed as awaiting confirmation. Please fix this.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
CTCT Employee

Re: awaiting confirmation

Hi @Alan_at_TTTC,

I apologize for any confusion regarding the Confirmed Opt-in process. When Confirmed Opt-in is enabled for your account it requires a contact to respond to an email confirmation in order to be added to your list. The contact is listed with the Awaiting Confirmation status until he/she clicks the link in the confirmation email. If they don't respond, they can't be emailed through Constant Contact. We'd like to look into this for you and just need you to send us an email at social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com with the username for your account, a reference to this post and the email addresses in question. Thanks!

Nichelle M
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
All Star

I do not have that feature enabled and I still have one that says awaiting confirmation.  

CTCT Employee

Hey @KellyR018,

Welcome to the Community! Thank you for reaching out to us. For the contact you have in Awaiting Confirmation, one way you can get them out of there is by sending them a private email with a URL to your sign up form. When they reenter their email address our system will trigger another confirmation email to be sent to them!

To find that URL for the sign up form, you will want to go to 'Sign up Forms' at the top of your screen. From there click on 'Landing Pages and more', next you will want to click on 'Actions' across from the sign up form button. From there it will have an option called 'Form URL' for you to copy and send to any contact stuck in Awaiting Confirmation!

Desi_B

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
All Star

Hi I have the same issue. My client cannot receive the confirmation email at all and stays in the awaiting for confirmation

Can you fix this?

Hi @DavidR6574

Even after following the steps in this thread, your contact has not received this confirmation email? If so I apologize this is happening! Do you have an email from your contact requesting to be added back into your account? If not, we suggest having your contact forward you an email like this. Once you receive this confirmation please  call into our Support, so one of these agents can further assist. 

Frankie.P

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.