cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

bounces

Occasional Contributor

bounces

we sent 2 messages-   3/15/17 to 379 contacts.  there were 22 bounces

3/29/17  to 377 contacts. there were 80 bounces.

we did not make significant changes to the list between the 15th and the 29th.

sounds like a problem with the send?   

any ideas

5 REPLIES 5
CTCT Employee

Re: bounces

Hello @LWVAC,

Thanks for reacing out to us on the community. I am seeing a familiar trend of emails bouncing that all have the same domain ending. I would take a look at our status page as it looks like there is a delay with roadrunner email addresses. We are researching the issue and hope to have an update soon but it looks like this must be what you are experiencing. I will be sure to track this issue so you receive an email notification when the issue is resolved!

Hayley L
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.
Occasional Contributor

Still makes no sense.

4/5 377 sent  20 bounces  list of bounces 12 names and emails???

3/29 377 sent  80 bounces???

3/15  379 sent   22 bounces

Why the big jump on March 29?

Why are there only 12 "bounce" addresses on 4/5 when 20 bounced.

Hi @LWVAC. As @Hayley_L stated, we were noticing that certain domains were bouncing around the time of that send on 3/29. The issue has since been resolved so that is why the number of bounces has decreased for your last send. 

Caitlin M.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Occasional Contributor

You do not answer the question about the discrepancy between the detail of 20 bounces and a list of only 12 bounced addresses.

and when there is a glitch and 60 messages are not delivered, are these messages resent after the glitch is corrected?

Hi @LWVAC. For the question about the discrepancy, I believe that only a certain type of bounced emails may have been showing for you when you were viewing those 12 bounces. You can change the display by clicking the Display dropdown and selecting All Bounce Types

bouncetypes.png

Also, to answer your question about the email that was not delivered due to the issue we were experiencing with that domain, the email will not be resent unless you schedule it to be sent again. 

Caitlin M.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.