cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

broken link to subscribe

Visitor

broken link to subscribe

I forward our campaign to people who have somehow managed to unsubscribe, but want to resubscribe. When they click on the link to subscribe. It comes up with a screen saying it's a broken link. I've also tried resubscribing people, but apparently they aren't getting the email that's supposed to come asking them to verify that they do wish to resubscribe. How do I get these people to automatically start receiving our campaigns again???

1 REPLY 1
CTCT Employee

Re: broken link to subscribe

@CariS17,

I'm very sorry your contacts have accidentally Unsubscribed. It sounds as though you've included a link to your sign-up form within your email campaign? Or are the contacts clicking the Update Profile link in the footer of your email campaign? Either way, the link may be broken because the email was forwarded. We especially see this happen if you're forwarding the email campaign to a role address or distribution list. If that's the case, you'll want to get specific email addresses for all of your contacts and add them to your account rather than send to a group list.

In the meantime, make sure that anyone who is trying to Resubscribe checks their junk/spam folder (and Preferences folder if it's a Gmail address) for the confirmation email. If it doesn't arrive, it could mean that the email address is Suspended.

If you'd like to send us an email to social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com with your username, the email addressess of the contacts who are trying to resubscribe and a reference to this post, we can look into this for you.

Nichelle M
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.