Merge codes do not work in hyperlinks

JasonM4351
Rookie
0 Votes
Hello, Despite the knowledge base claiming otherwise, nothing is merging in the hyperlink I set up to pass those variables into the string. Instead, after redirecting through constants click tracking the links just have the URL string with the merge variables IE [[FIRSTNAME]] to my knowledge, this feature used to work as it was supposed to. Any plans to fix it?
3 REPLIES 3
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @JasonM4351 ,

What article are you referring to? I'm not finding any articles addressing "merge codes," and the ones close to it referencing "merge tags" are all for Constant Contact Pro accounts:

If these are what you're referring to, I'd advise reaching out to Constant Contact Pro support via the form submissions at the bottom of those articles, or via this submission form direct link. Our general support can't help with Pro-type functionalities, which is why there's a separate team for handling that system's support. 

_______

The only other thing I can find that comes close, based on how I'm reading your post, would be "dynamic links," which call these contact detail additions "variables:"

If you're needing more support with these, then I'd advise calling our general support so they can securely go over your email live with you, and troubleshoot the exact URL's details. That way they can make sure the codes are being typed correctly, or see what fields would be causing issues among the ones that are supposed to be accepted according to those articles, or get you to our higher level technical team if it's involving the custom code editor.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
JasonM4351
Rookie
0 Votes

William thanks for responding. Yes I am talking about dynamic links and they are not collecting the data. The link when clicked is literally passing the merge code in string. IE instead of populating [[firstName]] in the place where that code is placed it is showing up like someurl.com/?first=[[firstName]]  for any user that clicks. So not merging. 

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Please call general support if you're needing further troubleshooting with dynamic links.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST