cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changing email addresses

SOLVED
Occasional Advisor

changing email addresses

I am constantly getting email requests to change a customer's email, when they change, for newsletters.  I hate to write back to tell them they have to do that.  Is there a way I can go in and edit their email addresses?
22 REPLIES 22
Honored Contributor

changing email addresses

UPDATED: June 2018

Hi Marcia,

You can update a contact's email address by viewing their Contact Details and updating the Email Address field. To do so, click the Contacts tab and on the right, do a search for the Contact's existing email address.

click_contacts_new_top_navigation_1 (2).png

When you pull up the Contact's email address, click on it.

search_or_browse_name_23 (1).png

This will bring you to the Contact Details screen. On the contact Details screen, click Edit, update their email address and click Save.

2018-06-28_12-57-50.png

The contact's email address is now updated.

Thanks,

Jarrad Community & Social Media Support

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Tags (1)
Occasional Advisor

changing email addresses

Jarrad, I am on the contact details screen but I don't see where you can update the email address.

Honored Contributor

changing email addresses

Hi Marcia, While on the Contact Details page, make sure you are in the Contact Information section. You can access Contact Information via the menu on the left of the Contact Details page. If you are on the Contact Information page and cannot edit the Contact's email address, that means that the contact has confirmed their email address. A contact can confirm their email address via the "Confirm" link in the Permission Reminder of an email. If the contact has confirmed their email address, you will want to remove the old address from your account and add the updated address as you would a new contact. I hope this helps, Jarrad Community & Social Media Support

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Re: changing email addresses

Hi Jarrad,

This used to be the case but I'm trying to update an e-mail address today and it looks like that option has been removed from the Contact Information section. Do you now have to create a whole new record to change an e-mail address?

Honored Contributor

Hi Lela,

If you cannot change a contact's email address that means they have confirmed their email address via the Permission Reminder in your email. You will need to remove the current email address and replace it with the updated email address.

I hope this helps,

Jarrad

Ok. Thanks. It's a correct e-mail address but she wanted to change it from a work to  a personal e-mail address. I will let her know to update it with the link at the bottom of the e-mail.

All Star

Hello. I am having the same difficulty. To be clear, since I read the directions to do this. You say "remove email", but the instructions are to remove all information - phone, mailing address, notes - everything associated with the client, and then re-enter everything all over again. Every time someone wants the email address, that they have previously confirmed, changed. Correct?

Honored Contributor

Hi,

Yes, unfortunately if the contact has already confirmed that email address, you would need to completely recreate the contact in Constant Contact.

What you may consider doing is exporting your contacts into an excel file and then locating the email address you would like to update. Delete just the email address from the file and enter in the new email address. Upload the file to Constant Contact and then remove the older email address from the account. This way, you won't need to create the new contact from scratch.

I hope this helps,

Jarrad

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

It would be so much easier if constant contact would just allow us to change any email address with a couple clicks. This is cumbersome and time consuming. I hope in the next upgrade you will fix it.