cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

contacts and editing lists

Highlighted
ZoD

contacts and editing lists

This is so difficult now. I can't find any explanation on how to edit my lists. I only want to send to a few people on the list and delete from others. Not happy with how this all works now.
3 REPLIES 3
CTCT Employee

Re: contacts and editing lists

Hello @ZoD,

I'm sorry that you're unhappy with our contact management but would be happy to explain how it works. To send an email to a few contacts on a list, you'll have to create a new email list with those contacts on it. You can do this by putting a checkmark next to the contacts you want to send an email to, clicking manage lists, (above the name column) and choosing add to list. There, you can create a new list for those contacts to go into. Once you've done that, you can send an email directly to those contacts and no others.

Sara Lambert
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.
Solution Provider

Hello,

We want to add a few contacts to the main list. We have 1000's of contacts but our main list is about 400 contacts. The editor allows us to upload new contacts, but we don't want to duplicate them They already exist in the main list. How do we move a contact from the main all contacts list to the list that we send out each week? In other Email campaign editors, they allow moving emails from main contacts to the group lists.

If we have to create a new list every time that will create a LOT of lists. We have 300 lists already!

Thanks

CTCT Employee

Hi @sproutforbusiness

Thank you for reaching out to the Constant Contact Community. It's my pleasure to assist you today.

That's a great question. You have a couple of options, you may Tag Your Contacts to narrow down the main list and send a targeted email, or you may Move Contacts to another list to send your email. You may also delete these contacts from the list or tag weekly so you aren't constantly having to create a new one. You may also delete the current lists in the account that you aren't using. This should help your lists/tags stop accumulating. Please feel free to let us know if you need further assistance. We are always happy to help.

Thank you for choosing Constant Contact. Have a great weekend. 

Adrienne B.
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!