cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dynamic lists

Solution Provider

dynamic lists

I need to create dynamic lists. I can do this with other email sending sites but can't figure out how to on yours. Eg, I have a custom field that has a number in it against customer record. How do I create a list where it includes all customers with that field value above a certain value? And so that when I import data against customer records it would update the membership to that list based on the new value of that field? This is a really difficult system!
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
CTCT Employee

Re: dynamic lists

Hello @MatM64

Importing lists with dynamic links into our system can be difficult if not done properly. Your questions will be explained more efficiently through speaking directly with a support representative. Please give us a call at the number listed here.

Lenszie V.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Solution Provider

I don't think you've understood what I'm asking but thanks for trying. I want a dynamic list. I don't want to import dynamic links.

Honored Contributor

To be honest your question isn't the easiest to follow.

I'd have to agree you're better off calling and speaking with someone who can get more clarification. 

Solution Provider

What is hard to follow about the term "dynamic list" ?

A list based on criteria. Where a field on a contact meets a certain criteria it populates into a list.

Every other email management system I've used has them - sheesh!

Honored Contributor

This isn't my first rodeo.

Having been a programmer for 30 years, I'm familiar with the definition of dynamic. 

Its not clear how you think these lists will get created, they don't have any automated or scripting way of accomplishing this.

30 minutes spent in their list management areas should make that quite obvious to you.

Solution Provider

Wow - all bow down to you then jerk.

Oh well, I know which company won't be getting my casdh for marketing after this month is up. Totally useless system, terrible support and rather rude usergroup.

Honored Contributor

Yeah, you have a certain warming quality too.  See ya ....

Solution Provider

flog

Honored Contributor

Hi @MatM64

I've just sent you a private message. If you aren't sure where to find those, they are towards the top right hand side of the page, like you see here:

messages.png

Thanks!

Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!