cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

e-receipts

Visitor

e-receipts

When I print an e-receipt, the amount paid is always cut off.  I also tried copying the email, but when I paste it into a Word document, the amount paid is still missing.  I need the hard copy for filing purposes.

Can the receipt be formatted so the whole receipt is within printable margins?

Charles McCracken

5 REPLIES 5
CTCT Employee

Re: e-receipts

Hello @CharlesM8653,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! I apologize that you are having this experience with your e-receipt. To fix this issue, you can save the receipt to your computer as a PDF and then it should print off correctly. 

Zoe_H
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Highlighted
All Star

Outputting the supplied email to a PDF produces the same results. I see this every month and wonder, am I the only one that has this problem (now I see I am not).

Formatting the email to be print friendly would be a great help. Even a simple fix as condensing everything to the left.

The issue is still present when attempting to print at a smaller scale (to a printer below 90%, or PDF).

screenshot_783.png

Tags (3)
CTCT Employee

Hello @DanM87,

I apologize that you are having the same issue as well. Have you tried saving your receipt to your computer as a different file type other than PDF? That may fix your issue as well. 

Zoe_H

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
All Star

Thanks for the prompt reply, but how is that a solution?

Sure I can take a screen shot and print out the screen shot, but it would be an extra step that wouldn't be necessary if the formatting of the payment receipt emails were adjusted to work properly when printing or exporting to a PDF.

Seems to me, it's more of a bug in email formatting rather than requiring a workaround.

My guess is most users workflow consist of getting the receipt email, then clicking print so it can be submitted to the right person or a hard copy for internal records. Or they would simply print to a PDF for electronic submission/record keeping.

If you'd like more information I'd be happy to provide it to get a resolution to this issue.

Tags (3)
CTCT Employee

Hello @DanM87,

We completely understand why having your e-receipt be print friendly is important to you and I am more than happy to submit your feedback on this over to our engineers for review! Thank you for your feedback and have a wonderful Sunday. 

Zoe_H