cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

editing and navigating it isn't user-friendly. too many hours & no product

SOLVED
Occasional Visitor

editing and navigating it isn't user-friendly. too many hours & no product

After spending hours trying to create a flyer, I need to always call someone and spend MORE HOURS on the phone with them. I spoke with Kara today. She was extremely helpful. I did mention to her that she has to go slower, take the person step by step, and not rush ahead or give too much verbiage to someone who isn't tech savvy. Here were my comments to her: 1. I find your templates are the same, no matter the category. It's boring. everything is square and boxes. 2. Copy and paste was not working. Kara suggested I transfer my copy from a Word Document to Notepad and that kept my formatting. So now I know to use Notepad. 3. I changed background color and some of my sentences were blocked out and I couldn't get them to change font colors to be readable. 4. How to add a contact from Microsoft Outlook. That's where I keep my contacts. I want to update with new contacts and don't know how nor does it explain how from Microsoft Outlook. Kara is sending me the info. This needs to be a simple, user-friendly format for people who AREN"T TECH SAVVY. thanks for listening.... Gylian Solay
15 REPLIES 15
CTCT Employee

Re: editing and navigating it isn't user-friendly. too many hours & no product

Hello @GylianS , 

Thank you for sending along this feedback.  I am glad that you were able to get help from Kara when you called in.  If you have not passed your feedback along to our Feedback Area (or through the Feedback links on the bottom left side of the page after you log in), I would recommend to send some of this information to those areas.  They have more visibility with the teams that handle some of the changes that you are looking for (i.e. templates).  

For copy/paste and keeping the formatting on your test, you can set your Paste Options within your account to keep formatting.  This is something that we do not recommend though, because it can cause issues like you noted in #3.  If formatting is done through a different program, there can be some extra formatting taken along with the text that might not translate well into HTML (our system sets up the HTML for you on the back end when you are editing blocks).  If possible, we recommend typing within a block and formatting text in Constant Contact, or just pasting text into Constant Contact and then styling your text (i.e. size, font, style) within our editor.  

You also mentioned adding contacts from Microsoft Outlook, we have a couple of ways to do this.  You can export from Outlook to a file, then edit the file and upload into your account or you can use our QuickImport tool, if you meet its requirements (listed in the link).  

Occasional Participant

Your template is a big waste of time!

I have wasted so much time with this ridiculous template. I feel like I'm still teaching computer classes 25 years ago with early software programs. This template is unstable, it's difficult to get to the formatting tool because it keeps disappearing at the top of the screen. The spacing changes from the way it looks on the screen to when you are ready to send a test. Why? The bullet, number formatting is rudimentary. I have another version made from my web site that works fine, but this one is terrible. I have lost hours and wish I had never started with it.

Re: Your template is a big waste of time!

Hi Karen,

I am sorry to hear of the frustration. If you would like we are happy to take a look at the specific email in question, just let us know what it is called. 

Are you pasting content into your template? If so, make sure you are pasting without formatting so the external formatting doesn't cause any trouble in Constant Contact. Also, once it's in your template you can always clear any existing formatting from the block. These usually help some.

As far as bullets, are you looking for them to be spaced differently?

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Highlighted

Hannah 

I keep on getting parsing errors on the template.  How can I get around it please?

Thanks

Carlo  

Honored Contributor

Hi @CarloB8 

I'm sorry that you're receiving a parsing error. This is normally caused by pasting content from an outside source.

You can click on Clear StylesEntire Block and then that will remove any excess formatting that could be causing this error. Then you will have to reformat the entire block.

I apologize for any inconvenience. Please let us know if you continue to have issues!

editing body of message

Most of the edit commands won't work in the message window, nor will it allow me to paste from word or notepad without losing formatting. I bought this product for customizable invitations, but it looks awful.
CTCT Employee

Re: editing body of message

Hello @UWHealthPolicy , 

There are some keyboard shortcuts that do not work within Constant Contact.  For example, if you "Cut" text it will not allow you to paste in.  In order for you to paste text you would need to "Copy."  With choosing the option to Copy and then optionally deleting the text after you have saved the text to your clipboard.  While there are other programs that may allow text to be saved to the clipboard when using "Cut," this function does not work within Constant Contact.  

In regards to your state about losing formatting when pasting from outside of Constant Contact, you can change your paste options by following these steps here.  I do want to let you know though, that we recommend that you paste without styles and choose your formatting within Constant Contact if possible.  When you copy and paste from an outside source there can be extra formatting brought along with the text that can cause issues when editing and inconsistencies when the email is sent.  

Where do I add content?

In trying to send out an email I am have difficulty pasting into an email?
Tags (2)

Re: Where do I add content?

Hi @DennisM9839

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble putting content into your emails. Where are you copying content from? Just a hint, make sure you are pasting plain text so you can format it within Constant Contact. 

When working in your template you will need to click into a block to open it up. Once open you will be able to paste your content and insert images. Here's an example of a block that's ready for content! 

2015-06-01_8-17-42.jpg

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!