Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

extra space before "Greetings, {name}"

SOLVED
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

extra space before "Greetings, {name}"

There is an extra space of indent before the salutation.  How do I get rid of it?  I can't move the text box.

so it looks like:

Greetings, Tom,

how are you today, etc

blah blah blah

thanks, in advance for your help

Tags (3)
3 REPLIES 3

Re: extra space before "Greetings, {name}"

Hi @AmyD5564 

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! The good news is you can definitely update this greeting so it appears correctly for your contacts. You can edit this greeting by clicking on the existing Greeting Tag placeholder text, and select Insert then Edit.

3ge-email-greeting-tag-edit-small.png

Once you do this, you will get a pop-up where you can update the greeting information and delete the extra comma.

2019-04-16_17-49-28.png

Frankie P.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Occasional Contributor

Hi, @frankie_p,

Thanks for your reply -

It wasn't the extra comma that is a problem, it is the extra space/indent before the greeting:

Hello, Bob,

here is a note showing how the indent looks with hte

text of the email.  notice that the "hello" is indented and 

not left aligned with the rest of the text.

Tags (1)
CTCT Employee

Hi @AmyD5564 

Thanks for clarifying the issue for us. I reviewed your account and campaigns to attempt to re-create the issue you are speaking of and didn't see the issue. 

If you could, please send an email to social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com with your username, the name of the email campaign and a reference to this post. Once we have that information, we can take a closer look. 

Thanks!

Alex S.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.