cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

facebook

Occasional Participant

facebook

Would love to post a new email campaign to our BUSINESS facebook page, but it wants to post to my personal page, how can I not post to my personal and to my business instead?
5 REPLIES 5
CTCT Employee

Re: facebook

Hi @PegH78,

Thank you for reaching out to the community! To post a new email campaign to your business Facebook page instead of posting it to your personal page, disconnect your Facebook accounts and then reconnect your business account on the Social Share page and that should allow you to log in again using your business Facebook credentials.

Zoe_H
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Occasional Participant

Thank you, Zoe,

I followed the link and the directions but after clicking on the down arrow next to both social accounts and default accounts, there is no manage channels.  I tried 'reconnecting' info but it wants to use my personal facebook page to connect to.  Granted, I am the administrator for our facebook page so I had to attach my personal account to the business account (facebook won't allow just a business - it needs to have a personal account attached) but I donot want the constant contact to be in my personal account

Hi @PegH78

I apologize for any confusion there may be with connecting your Facebook account. Because Business pages are connected to a personal page, you would have to sign in through your personal account. Once you sign in to Facebook, you’ll get a pop-up where you can select your business page.

ConnectFacebookPage.png
On this pop-up you can choose to connect only your business page and not your personal page. I hope this helps!

Frankie P.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Highlighted
Occasional Participant

There is no way to disconnect my personal account from Facebook and reconnect my business account.  I am the administrator on  the business account and Facebook requires a personal account be attached to a business account.  So AGAIN, there is no way to disconnect my personal information from the business page hence I cannot attach the business page to constant contact and I surely do not want the message to posted to my personal Facebook page.

Hi @PegH78

Don't worry! Your posts won't share to your personal page unless you choose to post it there. You're right, you will have to first log in through your personal account. You only have to do this so Facebook can see the Business pages that you manage and have connected to your personal page. However, when you post you can choose to only share to your business page.

Frankie P.

Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!