cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how come the contact list file cannot be uploaded?

Highlighted
All Star

how come the contact list file cannot be uploaded?

Today I tried both drag and browse, nothing worked, the list does not load.
5 REPLIES 5
CTCT Employee

Re: how come the contact list file cannot be uploaded?

Hello @XiweiW86,

Thank you for reaching out to the community today!

We apologize for any inconvenience in uploading your contact list. A contact list must be formatted correctly and in the right format to be uploaded to Constant Contact. Here are some guidelines for preparing your contacts for upload. Once you have prepared your file for upload you will then want to follow this guide to upload your contact file. I hope that this helps!

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

-Curtis P
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media. Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
All Star

It doesn't seem to be file format problem. I had  .xlsx files, output from another program, I had no problem uploading these files just one month ago. 

CTCT Employee

Hi @XiweiW86,

I'm sorry you're still not able to upload your file of contacts. Thanks for making sure the formatting is correct! Is there an error message? And if so, what? If you'd like us to take a look at the file please email us at social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com with your username, a reference to this post and be sure to attach the file. Thanks!

Nichelle M

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
All Star

As I said, the output format from another program worked before. It is just this time it doesn't work, whether I dragged the file into the window, or browsed/locate a file to upload, nothing happens. No error messages. The cursor changed for a couple seconds--appeared it tries to upload, but nothing happens. I have 5 or 6 files to be uploaded, none could be done.

CTCT Employee

Hi @XiweiW86

Thank you for contacting the Constant Contact Community. It's my pleasure to assist you today.

I'm sorry you are still unable to upload. Can you send the file to social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com so we can have a look at it? Please also include your username and a reference to this post and we will be happy to take a look. 

Thank you for choosing Constant Contact. Have a great day! 

Adrienne B.

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!