cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
We are experiencing an issue with our website. Customers may not be able to log in, or may be experiencing issues while working in their accounts. We are aware of this issue and are working hard on resolving it as quickly as we can.

how to find duplicate names on my list

SOLVED
Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

I have several lists and need to know names that appear more than one time. At present, i am slowly copying email addresses from all of my constantcontact lists to a single Excel document, int ending to sort and find puplicat e addresses.  There must be a better way.
5 REPLIES
Honored Contributor

Hi Thomas,

You can go to the Contacts tab of your account and export them out. Then choose to export all the "Active" contacts and check to include the list that they are on. This will give you an Excel spreadsheet and show you who is on multiple lists.

I hope that helps!

Marissa W. Community & Social Media Support Representative

Even though there may be duplicates in different email lists, only one will actually be sent to the recipient, correct?

Valued Contributor

Correct.

Developer

Will Constant Contact consider the duplicate email addresses as separate email addresses and charge more for the lists? For instance: If I have 1000 email addresses whom have currently signed up, but I copy half of that list and create a new mailing list. Would I still only have 1000 unique emails, or would Constant Contact bill me for 1500?

Honored Contributor

We do not charge for duplicates. You can have a contact on multiple lists, but for billing, it only counts once. I hope that helps! Marissa W.

Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!