cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to let contacts choose frequency of mailings

Occasional Visitor

how to let contacts choose frequency of mailings

If I want to give contacts the option of getting mailings weekly, monthly, or quarterly, how would I set this up--and so the entire process is automated?

Tags (2)
4 REPLIES
Advisor

Re: how to let contacts choose frequency of mailings

We handle this by setting up different lists. When a customer subscribes, they get a choice of which and how many lists they want to subscribe to. Some subscribe only to our monthly Newsletter. Other subscribe to everything we offer. Our main offerings are:

- A long, newsy Newsletter we send out once a month. We try hard not to make it a blatant marketing ploy, but a genuine "how to" type of newsletter that people will find useful.

- A short, sweet store restocking alert that we send out any time we add new merchandise to our store. This can be once a month during our off season, and once a week during our on-season. (We're a plant nursery.) In your case, it could be when you have new apartments available with a link to your website to see them.

You could do more if you like, but most people become resentful if you send more than 2-3 emails per month. 2 great emails are much better than a dozen!

CTCT Employee

Hello @LeslieT,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. I understand how useful it would be to have an automated system where the emails would go out according to the preferred frequency a contact requests. We do not have a system like that in place right now, but you might possibly benefit from the use of our Autoresponder program. Autoresponders allows you to create a series of email to go out to designated lists in your account based on a predetermined frequency, from moments after they sign up to many weeks later. You could create a list for each frequency (Daily, Weekly, Monthly) and then set up different series to accommodate. There are limitations, however. Each series can only hold 15 email campaigns. In the meantime, I would be happy to submit feedback to our developers about your ideas. If you could elaborate a bit more on what your vision for an automated system would look like (do you envision creating one email campaign and then assigning it to send out to different lists based on the list's preferred frequency?) I can get the information in front of the right people. If you are interested in our Autoresponders, click here to learn more.

Tiago_R
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing
Occasional Visitor

Yes, I know autoresponders would send out the emails at a predetermined frequency, and that asking contacts when they sign up for the mailing list would be an easy way to know how frequent they would like mailings. But let's say you didn't have the foresight to do this, and now would like to segment your list by how often people want to receive emails, there seems to be no good way to do it. As a consumer, there have been times I've unsubscribed from a mailing list and the landing page has given me an option to get emails less frequently, or to choose which types of mailings I wanted to opt into. Maybe have these options on the landing page for Update Your Profile? Or do we already have the ability to customize that landing page now?

CTCT Employee

Hi @LeslieT

Thank you for contacting the Constant Contact Community. My name is Adrienne and it's my pleasure to assist you today.

You can edit the Update Profile form should you choose to. Then the customer can update their sending preferences. This may help you with list management. You might also consider using a Poll option to gather information on the frequency that your readers are hoping to receive communications. The poll would then gather the responses and allow you to group those contacts on separate lists for automation. If you have further questions, please feel free to reach out. We are always happy to help.

Thank you for choosing Constant Contact. Have a great weekend! 

Adrienne B.
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!