cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

i was charged 55 i need to pay 35

Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

i was charged 55 i need to pay 35

Hi i just reduced my contact list to less than 2500 so let me know if next month i will be charged only $ 35 instead of $ 55 like this month 

Thanks 

Oscar

7 REPLIES 7
Honored Contributor

Re: i was charged 55 i need to pay 35

Pricing is based on the "highest" number of contacts in a given month, even if you reduce the number befoer the month ends.

Occasional Visitor

Ok but next month is going to be 35 right ??

Honored Contributor

As long as you stay "below" the next limit it should.

Hi@OSCARR42

Please give the billing team a call to have your pricing tier lowered in the system. The system does not automatically decrease your pricing. The team is available Monday-Friday, 7am-9pm to help!

Thanks, 

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Honored Contributor

Is this a departure from the way it used to work with the previous tiered system ?

Hi @Clique_Marketing

As far as I know (almost 5 years) the system has always required a manual lowering by the billing team. We know that people often remove and add contacts during the month so it's designed to increase automatically but not decrease automatically.

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Honored Contributor

RE: "We know that people often remove and add contacts during the month so it's designed to increase automatically but not decrease automatically."

I'm not sure you understand my point.

Most would see that as unethical as the sliding scale only works in your favor.

It needs to bill for the highest number of contacts per month, if that's in a lower tier it should bill less than the month before.

Only up-billing is a shady practice.

That's just WRONG.