Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone "true tone"

SOLVED
Highlighted
All Star

iPhone "true tone"

Hello,

What are you all doing to notify your email recipients that if they access your message via an iPhone with true tone turned on, that they may not be able to read the text, that the email may look funky? Sent the first email after recreating with the new system, and heard back from the boss that her email had a lavender background and that she couldn't read it.

thanks 

-sara

2 REPLIES 2
CTCT Employee

Re: iPhone "true tone"

Hello @ErinB544,

I'm not seeing any reporting stating that our system works differently with true tone, than it does with any other display.  It's always a good best practice to ensure that your text stands out significantly from the background.  Differences in your recipients display settings could cause some things to be more difficult for them to read, especially settings like night mode, or true-tone, which actually darkens the screen under certain conditions.

Aaron_H
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Highlighted
All Star

Re: iPhone "true tone"

Before contacting CC, I worked to troubleshoot the issue. Luckily only found two people with issues. On a hunch, I asked the one gentleman who had his phone set to true-tone to change it to 'normal' (light, whatever it's called - I'm an android gal myself.) Changing the setting changed the background from lavender to white (which it's designed to be - black text on a white background.) The gal I talked to in chat said there's no way to eliminate this issue on our end.