Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

image help -- blurry

SOLVED
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

image help -- blurry

i'm creating an ad for a client who has sent me images before which come out fine .. This time -- he's using the same method to create and send and every attempt shows the image as blurry in my template.  The properties show a 600 px width but everytime i upload it shoes smaller but more concerning is that it's blurry.  Can you urgently help?

Tags (2)
5 REPLIES
CTCT Employee

Re: image help -- blurry

Hi @SusanF603,

Thank you for reaching out to us through the Community. I am sorry to hear that your images are coming out blurry. The reason why it could be coming out blurry is because the image might be exceeding the height requirements which is 1728 pixels or that the file size is too large which ends up compressing the image when it is uploaded to the Library, ultimately reducing the quality. Make sure that the file size of the image is less than 5 megabytes. To check the file size of the image, please click here.  Also, I would suggest having the image file as PNG since it has the best quality for image files independent of content. Let me know if this helps.

Lucas_D
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing
Occasional Organizer

It would nice if the Constant Contact image upload would prompt/give notice if the image is larger than recommended in height or width... or simply not allow the image to be uploaded.  Another option would be to note this information about image size limitations or maximums near the upload button.  Would have saved our firm hundreds of dollars in wasted time.

CTCT Employee

@JuanitaL9,

Thank you for submitting that feedback! I will send that right over to our developers and hopefully they can put something like that in place to make it easier to ensure that your images load perfectly every time. In the meantime, I recommend saving this guide as a reference for the future. 

Please let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns! 

Amber_L

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!

I too am having this issue. I've tried low and high res, and the compression destroys the images. The words are not legible anymore. I also don't have the freedom to build my own graphics in Constant Contact, so I'm stuck with dumpy templates that don't meet my needs. So far not impressed with my trial..

CTCT Employee

Hello @JamieA825,

I apologize that you are having this experience with your images as well. Please take a look at our article on preparing your images for upload to see if your image size needs to be changed before uploading into Constant Contact. Again, I apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused you. Please let us know if you have anymore questions or concerns. 

Zoe_H

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!