cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

images not displaying on outlook express and ms outlook even after allowing html display

Highlighted

images not displaying on outlook express and ms outlook even after allowing html display

During our trial we mailed a few campaigns to 100 users but the recipients on Ms Outlook and Outlook Express were unable to view the images even with allowing the application to display HTML content
3 REPLIES 3

Re: images not displaying on outlook express and ms outlook even after allowing html display

Hello @BHARATS160. I'm sorry that some of your contacts are not able to view the images in your email. I just sent a preview to my Outlook account and I did have the option to download images. Did your contacts have this message in their Outlook accounts? It's usually located at the very top of the email and has a link to "download images." Please let us know if you are not seeing this message or if there are any other messages in the inbox.

Caitlin M.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Regular Visitor

Re: images not displaying on outlook express and ms outlook even after allowing html display

Is there a way in Constant Contact to have the images automatically download when the recipient opens the e-mail?  Even though they have the option to download the images, it takes away from the visual upon opening.  People see the content only and at that point won't download the images where the images may be the deciding factor on drawing someone to take action.

Hello @DorothyB97,

That's a great question and I can definitely understand why you would want the first impression to have the greatest impact. That said, the setting to automatically or manually download images is within the email client of the recipient and not something Constant Contact can control. You could add an encouraging line of text asking people to change the setting, but ultimately it will be up to the recipient to make that change. 

Nick S.
Social Media & Content Manager

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.