cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

import pdf

Occasional Visitor

import pdf

Hello! I would really like to be able to import a pdf in email automation, similarly to importing a pdf in the regular newsletter email. I know I can show the pdf as an image in automation but it does not look as nice and does not format as nicely as the pdf can. Hopefully this can be a quick fix? I would really appreciate it! Thank you!!
5 REPLIES 5
CTCT Employee

Re: import pdf

Hello @BobC22392,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! I apologize that you are experiencing this, I suggest that you take a screenshot of your PDF and import it as an image into your library instead of having our system convert your PDF into an image for you if you do not like how that looks. You can also update the file size of your PDF and that may also help it look better when you are uploading it into your library. Please click here for our suggested sizes for images before they are uploaded into Constant Contact. Something else you can do, is link your PDF document in your email so it looks exactly how you want it but will open in a new window. Please click here for steps on how to do that. 

Thank you and have a wonderful day! 

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Highlighted

How do you prevent constantcontact from turning a PDF into an image? This is just beyond baffling as to why this is 'working as designed'... Good thing we also have which doesn't have this disastrous problem...

Tags (3)

Hi @AustinM34 

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Our PDF uploading process is designed this way to make it easier for users who want to include image versions of their documents in an email. The good news is your PDF will still be available as a document in your Library even though an image is created as well. With that said, we are always open to ways we can better our user's experience and have submitted your feedback on this in the meantime.

Frankie.P

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

After importing a multi-page PDF, no PDF is available in documents. Only the image of the first page is available. Would be glad to show you, but it sounds like your product works differently than you expect.

Tags (3)
CTCT Employee

Hi @AustinM34 

I'm sorry that you aren't finding the document in your library. Anytime you upload a PDF the first page is created as an image, but there will be the full document in the library under documents that you may link to. Those documents don't display every page as an image, but you can link your first page to the full PDF when the whole thing can be viewed. 

Please feel free to reach out should you have other questions.

Adrienne B.

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!