cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

insert contact email into url for 3rd party form

Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

insert contact email into url for 3rd party form

I'm sending a email and I want to auto populate my contacts email address and first name into a 3rd party registration form so they just have to click the submit button instead of typing in their First Name and Email Address.

In Active Campaign this is the format we use:

https://ExampleURL.com/affid20?email=%EMAIL%&first_name=%FIRSTNAME%

email = mapping for email address in 3rd party form

first_name = mapping for first name in 3rd party form

%EMAIL% = How I insert contacts email address from ActiveCampaign

%FIRSTNAME% = How I insert contacts first name from ActiveCampaign

Infusionsoft example

https://ExampleURL.com/affid20?email=~Contact.Email~&first_name=~Contact.FirstName~

I can't figure out how to pull the contacts email address and first name from Constant Contact.  I've searched the support area.  Please Help.

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
CTCT Employee

Re: insert contact email into url for 3rd party form

Hello @ChrisM1621 ,

In order to protect the privacy and data of your contacts, we don't actually have a way of syncing this information into a 3rd party form. However, you may want to reach out to your external tool to see if they can provide you with a unique link to access their page for each contact, so that they can auto populate that data on their end. You would just need to export your contact data from our side and send it to the other tool, then import the unique link for each contact, into Constant Contact, and add it as a custom field into the email you're sending out.

Amber_L
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.