cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inserting HTML code

SOLVED
Honored Contributor

How Do I Add an Em-Dash to My Email?

One of the most common requests that we hear is “How do I create an em-dash in my email?”. This is really easy to do but you need to have the code to do it. I’m going to show you how you can, using the html code view within your email’s bock, how to do this.

• Go to Email
  • Click to Edit your Email or Create a New Email
  • Click to edit the block where you want to put the em-dash
  • Click the HTML button in the edit toolbar

Campaigns HTML button.png
  • This will open a new window called Code View
  • Search in here for your word that you want to add the em-dash to
  • Paste in this code:

<span style="letter-spacing: -3px;"> --- </span>

• Click Update at the bottom of the Code View window
  • Make sure everything looks great
  • Click Save to save your changes in your block

And that’s it! Super easy to add an em-dash. Log into your account now to add your em-dashes to your campaigns! If you have any questions let us know.

Occasional Participant

Re: Invalid URL

We have stopped using Feedburner, and now the new feed url isn't working. I get the eror Error: Invalid URL for the feed.

The feed url is http://formbasedcodes.org/feed

W3C says this is a valid RSS feed: http://validator.w3.org/feed/check.cgi?url=http%3A%2F%2Fformbasedcodes.org%2Ffeed

Using a tiny URL, as mentioned in a previous post also does not work.

Why is this not working?

Thanks for posting @AlanM18. I am sorry to hear this is still a problem for you. I dug into the source of your feed a bit more and noticed the feed type looks to be Atom which we don't support. The blog feature only works with RSS or RSS2 syndication formats at this time. I'm happy to leave a case open to notify you directly if this changes, if you would like. 

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Occasional Participant

That is an RSS2 feed. The file starts with <rss>. The Atom feed can be found at http://formbasedcodes.org/feed/atom, and starts with <feed>

http://formbasedcodes.org/feed is the default feed for a WordPress site, and WordPress defaults its feeds to RSS2.

Are you sure you accept RSS2 feeds?

Thanks @AlanM18. I think I might have been looking at another version. Sorry for the confusion!

Since we can rule out the feed type unfortunately we don't have more information at this time. We're working on this with our engineering team but don't have a timeframe currently. If you would like, we can create your blog content in a draft email for you as a workaround. We won't be able to update this daily but are happy to get it set up if you would like to manually include this information for now.

Thanks!

Hannah M.

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Highlighted
Occasional Participant

Spacing between numbered list items

Is there some way that Constant Contact can change the developer settings so that a user can add spaces between items in a numbered list? Sometimes each item in a list may be three or four lines long, and it would be nice to use the "enter" key to put a paragraph space between listed items so that they don't all bunch together in one block that is hard to read. When I try to enter a space between items in a numbered list, a new numbered list is created, instead of the space occurring within the sequential list. Any recommnedations for a workaround on this?  

Tags (2)

Re: Spacing between numbered list items

Hi @RogerN

We know this can be frustrating so we are working hard to work on bullets and numbered list improvements for the future. Thanks for your feedback, I've included it in our internal feedback tool.

Two workarounds for you. First is to manually add <br> (breaks) in between the numbered list points in the HTML. You will see this in yellow below. I added in point 1 and 2 and then clicked "HTML" and added the break. 

In the example below that you will see the two points in a table. These I have manually numbered so you will have full control of the space left and right and between each line. The table button on the toolbar will help with this.

2015-07-06_9-47-54.jpg

Hope this helps,

Hannah M.

Occasional Participant

Re: Spacing between numbered list items

Great. I think this will work. I appreciate the feedback. 

Occasional Participant

Re: Block Contains Invalid URL

This HTML did not work for me.

I would like to have a link to call the phone number.

Phone numbers in Constant Contact emails do not show as a link to call on peoples' phones.

Thank you for your help.

Jean

Honored Contributor

Re: Block Contains Invalid URL

Hi @AndrewB6282

I just tested this out in one of our templates. I was able to get the phone number as clickable on my iPhone in my Mail app for Gmail, Yahoo, and my work Outlook.

I just simply typed the number in like normal and it showed up clickable. What happens when you enter the phone number directly? Also what type of phone are you using? This may be a setting you have to change in your actual phone.

Let me know what you find out!

Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!