cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inserting HTML code

SOLVED

Re: How can I add a donation button (non PayPal) to CC

Thanks, that was helpful. 

When I insert my HTML and update the window, I see the code in a table format.  Seems like although I clear out the original code, it gets reinserted upon exiting the code editor.  Or maybe that's just the way the code editor displays each line of the HTML code

Capture.JPG

Is there anything else I need to do as the Donate button appears but it doesn't work

CTCT Employee

Re: How can I add a donation button (non PayPal) to CC

@SandraC425 

I did take a look at your email and I see that the code does involve a form which will not work within an email. So I would suggest having your Donate Now button link to that particular part of your website instead. 

Amber Royal
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Inserting a horizontal rule

Have you ever needed to break up a block of content with a dividing line? Yes, most templates offer a divider block but we know that sometimes you just need to insert the line within the same block and here’s the solution.

<HR> (Horizontal rule) is a snippet of code you can insert into the HTML window of your block to create a thin line. In the image below you will see how the basic HR tag will look in a block and in the HTML code.

2015-08-24_9-19-22.jpg

Special Notes:

• In HTML, the <hr> tag has no end tag.
  • In XHTML, the <hr> tag must be properly closed, like this: <hr />.
  • HR's are supported by the five most common browsers. (Chrome, IE, Firefox, Safai and Opera

Need to customize? Check out one of my favorite resources, W3Schools. (This is not a Constant Contact site!)

Have fun creating!

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
All Star

HTML editing

I am trying to get rid of the footer information (that silly drop shadow and giant paragraph of information) as well as edit the HTML so there is no padding around an image i inserted. Is there a way to do either of those?

Re: HTML editing

Hi @CarolineP9

To answer your question it depends on which email you are working in. I see you have used both the new and old editors in your account. There is not a way to edit the HTML in the new editor but if you are in the old editor you should see an HTML button on the toolbar for each block.

2015-10-01_11-23-54.jpg

Most templates have default pieces that can be edited but to help with the specifics can you let us know what the name of the email you are working on is?

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Highlighted
Visitor

Re: HTML editing

I agree, the new editor is horrible. What an awful decision, to remove the option to edit HTML, etc. and prevent your own clients from doing what they want to do. I am going to switch to a competitor.