cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inserting HTML code

SOLVED
Honored Contributor

Re: Can I use the Advanced Editor to create a reusable template for others?

Hi Franki,

You cannot use a WYSIWYG editor when you create an email with the Advanced Editor. I wish I had a better answer for you, but I'm happy to submit your feedback on to our developers.

Thanks,

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Occasional Participant

Creating html emails for clients to reuse

I have a client who wants an html email template that he can reuse in sending to clients. The text needs to be editable so he can put the individual customers names on the top of the email body.

I created the email in constant contact, and sent it to myself to check. Then, I forwarded it to him. When I forward it to him, the text is messed up slightly, there's a few spaces between words that shouldnt be there.

Is there a better way to do this that can reduce text errors like that? Thank you for any suggestions!
Honored Contributor

Creating html emails for clients to reuse

Hi Chris, If you are having trouble with html coded emails, please click on the Help link above, then on the left hand side click on "Chat Live with Support". The representative will be able to get you to a rep that is trained in html and can assist you. If you are looking to add first names that are saved in the Contacts attached to the email address, click the Help link and check out the following FAQ's: 950 and 2066. I hope that helps! Marissa W. Community & Social Media Support Representative

Honored Contributor

Q&A: Video Insert Feature for Custom Templates

Q & A:  Video Insert Feature for Custom Templates by Jaime McCall

Q
: Love the new Video Insert feature, but does it work for custom templates?

A: When you are working in a custom HTML or XHTML template the sky is the limit when it comes to what you can accomplish with your code. However, if you’re like me, sometimes you don’t care so much about reaching the sky as you do about adding something that will save you time and spruce things up in a hurry.

To read the full post, click here.

How can I create a custom template and maintain newsletter editor functionality for my client

Looking to create a custom template but still preserve the editing features of the template editor. My client does not know HTML so working directly in the HTML wont be an option to edit newsletter communications.

Is there any documentation out there that defines how to do this?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: How can I create a custom template and maintain newsletter editor functionality for my client

It is possible but takes some custom coding outside of the CTCT envirnoment.

Are you familiar with HTML and CSS?

Participating Solution Provider

Re: How can I create a custom template and maintain newsletter editor functionality for my client

How about simply opening a second CC acount for your client?

Sincerely,
Ray Higgins
Cybermail Marketing
ray@cybermailmarketing.com
Honored Contributor

Re: How to import own HTML document????

Hi, 

You can create your own custom HTML email by using the Advanced Editor in your account.  Important: These steps require you to use HTML code.

You can  import your own custom HTML or XHTML code to create a Custom Code email with the Advanced Editor.

Tip: Before you dive in and create a custom code campaign email from scratch, take a look at our guidelines for working with HTML and XHTML in the Advanced editor.

1. Click Campaigns.
  2. Click Create.
  3. Select Email.
  4. Click "Custom code".
    HTML code
  5.  Enter a name for your email that will help you find it in your account later and click Next.  Select either the HTML or XHTML format option to compose your campaign email and click Next.
  6.  Edit the information in the Message Header section.
  7.  Click the "Advanced Editor" link on the left side to add your code.
    Add your code

* If you choose the XHTML custom template, complete the HTML, Text, and Style tabs.
    * If you choose the HTML custom template, complete the HTML and Text tabs.

8.  When you are done, click Save & Return.
    For more information click here for the How-To Article.  

I hope this helps,

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Tags (3)
Occasional Visitor

Et peux-t-on importer une page html déjà créer pour l'envoyer en emailing ? 

Cordialement

Occasional Visitor

Question très intéressante , j'aimerai beaucoup en connaître la réponse .

Bien cordialement