inserting HTML code

SOLVED
Visitor

Re: Bullet Point HELP PLEASE!

1-6-2016... still an issue

Honored Contributor

Hello @julie_smith

If you let us know the campaign that you are working in, and where you are testing the email to (i.e. Outlook, Gmail, Yahoo), we can take a look at the email and work to resolve the issue you are seeing.  If you do not want to share the campaign name publicly, feel free to send us an email to social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com with a reference to this post and the username included too. 

I have different color bullets. Can't find where to make them all one color.

Why are my bullets different colors???
Tags (3)

Re: I have different color bullets. Can't find where to make them all one color.

Hi @Love_INC

What is the name of the email you are working on so we can take a look?

To make the bullets the same color you should be able to highlight all of the text and confirm the text color on the toolbar. I understand that some of the text might already be this color but re-confirming should update the bullets as well.

Thanks, 

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Occasional Participant

Spacing between numbered list items

Is there some way that Constant Contact can change the developer settings so that a user can add spaces between items in a numbered list? Sometimes each item in a list may be three or four lines long, and it would be nice to use the "enter" key to put a paragraph space between listed items so that they don't all bunch together in one block that is hard to read. When I try to enter a space between items in a numbered list, a new numbered list is created, instead of the space occurring within the sequential list. Any recommnedations for a workaround on this?  

Tags (2)

Re: Spacing between numbered list items

Hi @RogerN

We know this can be frustrating so we are working hard to work on bullets and numbered list improvements for the future. Thanks for your feedback, I've included it in our internal feedback tool.

Two workarounds for you. First is to manually add <br> (breaks) in between the numbered list points in the HTML. You will see this in yellow below. I added in point 1 and 2 and then clicked "HTML" and added the break. 

In the example below that you will see the two points in a table. These I have manually numbered so you will have full control of the space left and right and between each line. The table button on the toolbar will help with this.

2015-07-06_9-47-54.jpg

Hope this helps,

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Occasional Participant

Re: Spacing between numbered list items

Great. I think this will work. I appreciate the feedback. 

2016 and STILL AN ISSUE!

Honored Contributor

Hello @DavidC334

I am happy to give more information and look into this further for you; however, there have been a few topics brought up in this thread.  Can you tell me what you are experiencing, is it the issue with the HTML code for bullets not working within a block or the issue with images and bullets?  

Highlighted
Occasional Participant

I'm seeing this issue as well, using "&bull;" for bullet points as we want to color our bullets separately from the list text without using overly complex css that may or may not work in certain clients. 

The bullet inserts and shows up properly...until we save the mail...then...BOOM. Asterisk FTL.

Only 5 years and running to fix an issue with a single special character lol.

Tags (2)
Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!