cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inserting HTML code

SOLVED
Visitor

Re: Bullet Point HELP PLEASE!

Nearly 5 years later I am having the same issue. My solid bullets are converting to asterisks. Are you still working on it or did I miss the fix?

Tags (2)
Highlighted
CTCT Employee

Hello @JoliB,

I have passed along the feedback once again to our development teams here. It is not a feature that we are currently working on; however, we do look at our customer’s feedback to roadmap what needs to be available for our customers.    

Brittany W
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.
Valued Contributor

CC rejecting my code

I'm trying to use code that inserts a tiny image as a bullet on a bullet point list and each time I save my code into the html field on an article box, CC strips the image part of my code.  Is this not something I can do? Use an image as a bullet ina  bullet point list on CC?

here is my code:

<style>
li.bulletimage {
    list-style-image: url("http://lmimage.com/WIL00003/bulletpoint.jpg");
}
</style>
<ul>
<li class="bulletimage">Invitations and envelopes to send to your guests.</li>
<li class="bulletimage">Complete set-up and clean-up by our Kids’ Club staff.</li>
<li class="bulletimage">Kids’ Club attendantsto coordinate all activities..</li>
<li class="bulletimage">All paper products including plates, cups, silverware, and napkins.</li>
<li class="bulletimage">Balloons and other supplies to complement the activities and theme you choose.</li>
<li class="bulletimage">Activities can include, but are not limited to:</li></ul>

Honored Contributor

Re: CC rejecting my code

Hi Chris,

Are you copying your code over from word?  Are you typing it directly into the html box?  Is this exactly how you're inserting it into the html code for the article block?  It looks like you're trying to pull from the StyleClass instead of inlining. Try to use inlining instead. Our system likes that better!

Thanks!

Regular Advisor

Re: CC rejecting my code

Hi,

Constant Contact strips out style tags because certain e-mail services like GMail and Hotmail will remove them from the e-mail. In order to work around that limitation, you can place your CSS inline, like this:

<ul style="list-style-image: url(http://lmimage.com/WIL00003/bulletpoint.jpg);">
   <li>Invitations and envelopes to send to your guests.</li>
   <li>Complete set-up and clean-up by our Kids’ Club staff.</li>
   <li>Kids’ Club attendantsto coordinate all activities..</li>
   <li>All paper products including plates, cups, silverware, and napkins.</li>
   <li>Balloons and other supplies to complement the activities and theme you choose.</li>
   <li>Activities can include, but are not limited to:</li>
</ul>
Richard Maxwell
Support Engineer, Constant Contact
Occasional Contributor

Bullets different spacing with different recipients...

Why when I send a preview to a few of my email addresses does it sometimes look perfect and others all wonky? how can I fix?

this is in Outlookoutlook.jpg

this is in exchange

exchange.jpg

Tags (3)
CTCT Employee

Re: Bullets different spacing with different recipients...

Hi Vanessa,

I'm happy to help out with the formatting of bullets in Outlook. I noticed that you have already removed the bullets from that email. It is tough to pinpoint the exact formatting error that was occurring. I copied that email and added bullets to the "Keyboard" section so that you can check the HTML code of that block to see how it should be formatted in the future.

Also, next time something like this happens you can receive immediate support by contacting our support team.

• Call: 1-866-289-2101 (Monday - Thursday 7:00 AM - 11:00 PM EST, Friday 7:00 AM - 9:00 PM EST, and Saturday - Sunday 10:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST)

• Use Live Chat or other Support options by visiting: https://ui.constantcontact.com/support/index.jsp

I hope this was helpful. Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help.

Deanne Perry
Occasional Contributor

I am so sorry, I did remove the bullets while waiting to hear back from you...my supervisor ended up liking it better. I apologize for not replying to this post sooner.

Honored Contributor

No worries!

Thanks for letting us know!

Regular Visitor

Seriously? This issue was raised in 2008... its 2014!!! This is some ridiculously inept troubleshooting by your coding department.