cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inserting HTML code

SOLVED
Occasional Participant

Re: Bullet Point HELP PLEASE!

I'm seeing this issue as well, using "•" for bullet points as we want to color our bullets separately from the list text without using overly complex css that may or may not work in certain clients. 

The bullet inserts and shows up properly...until we save the mail...then...BOOM. Asterisk FTL.

Only 5 years and running to fix an issue with a single special character lol.

Tags (2)
Occasional Participant

Anybody from CC care to speak up?

Honored Contributor

Hello @JeffR86526

I have passed your feedback along to our teams here.  This is not something that is being actively worked on at this time; however, we do let our product teams know about the requests for this ability.  

Occasional Visitor

Nearly 5 years later I am having the same issue. My solid bullets are converting to asterisks. Are you still working on it or did I miss the fix?

Tags (2)
CTCT Employee

Hello @JoliB,

I have passed along the feedback once again to our development teams here. It is not a feature that we are currently working on; however, we do look at our customer’s feedback to roadmap what needs to be available for our customers.    

Brittany W
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.
Highlighted

Re: Is there a way to make em dashes and to get around quote marks becoming inch symbols?

Updated: October 2017

Hello, 

If you are using our 2G Editor then I would recommend that for the quotes issue, you enter it in the block using your keyboard and not going into the code and editing it there.  You should have no problems with inserting quotes, they will show as quotes.  The style of the quote you use will depend on what font you are using so if you want a different style of quotes then you can change the font type of just the quotes.  If you are comfortable going into the code and changing it, there are instructions on how to add this to the code if you prefer.

With our 3GE users, there is currently only one quote style and no way to change it but we can share your feedback with the developers.   

To make an em-dash in your 2GE email you can insert it as an image or use the code view option to insert it into the code.  This is the code you will want to use if you are inserting it into the HTML:  Just go into the HTML code and add the following where you want it to appear: <span style="letter-spacing: -2px;">----</span>

This topic is blocked and no future comments can be made. Since the time that the original questions came up, we have made many changes to our product to improve the experience when editing your campaign. We ask that for any further questions around editing/inserting HTML, please create a new post in the Community so that we can help you on the different questions/issues that come up with editing HTML code. You can start a new message by clicking this link. (*This does require you to be logged in to your account)

Thank you,
Jena Squires
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!