Did you mean: 

inserting HTML code

SOLVED
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: inserting HTML code

Glad I could help! Thanks for the feedback

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
All Star

Faking Blocks

It appears that you cannot add a block to the "Add Block" list once you are editing an email. To get around this go to an email that has the desired block and copy the HTML of that block, then insert any block into your email. Edit the new block and paste the copied HTML over the default HTML. Then you can copy and reuse that block, only it will show up with the wrong block title during editing which has no effect on the actual email.

Hopefully this weakness in CC will be fixed soon.
Honored Contributor

Faking Blocks

Hi David, Thanks for sharing this tip with our Community members. This can sometimes cause problems, but can come in handy when you want to recreate a block from one email in another. FAQ # 5082 covers this topic as well. Copying and pasting this url into a browser will take you to the FAQ: http://conta.cc/fFdMSj Thanks, Jarrad Community & Social Media Support Representative

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Regular Visitor

custom html - variable url code for 'view email as webpage'

Hi, we used to use variable urls like %%view_email_url%%, but it doesnt appear to be working. Trying to customize the email more, removing those lame boxes that CC inserts into my email template. Is there any place on this site that will list any current variables, including 'unsubscribe' variable url? Many thanks, R

Honored Contributor

Re: custom html - variable url code for 'view email as webpage'

Hi Raquel,

Thanks for your question.

I'd like to see if we could set up a time for an engineering rep to give you a call for assistance with variables and custom code?

If you wanted to respond with a date and time that is best for you, we can set this up.

Thanks,

Jarrad

Regular Visitor

Thanks Jarrad. I'm actually Ron (logged in as my client), and I am the email engineer. I've been working with CC for a number of years but it has been a while since I've been here last. they can reach me at 5124959300 usCST. thanks, Ron

Honored Contributor

Hi Ron,

I have an engineering rep who will be contacting you shortly.

Thanks,

Jarrad

Occasional Participant

Chaging table height using <TD> tag

I have added a number of blank (other than background color) company logo blocks to my email in order to create colored divider lines.  This was a suggestion from another user.  I am trying to modify the block height to make the block more line like (narrower).

Since blocks are mostly HTML tables I have tried to modify the TD tag of the code as follows:

<TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center" height=5 vAlign=bottom align=middle>

Note the height attribute.  I have tried putting the number in quotes, adding "px" to indicate number of pixels, etc.  Constant Contact keeps reformatting the code to that above.

No matter what I change the value to for the height attribute, the block (line) remains the same size.

Is there another way to accomplish what I am trying to accomplish?

Thank you,

Brian

Honored Contributor

Re: Chaging table height using <TD> tag

Why not create some of your own graphic lines of the width and height you need and insert them as graphics using a divider block where you need them?  Of course they won't show on initial load with images disabled.

Occasional Participant

Re: Chaging table height using <TD> tag

I am not sure what you mean by divider block.  I don't see that as an option when trying to add blocks.  This is essentially what I have tried to do with the company logo blocks which seem to have some default height that I cannot work around.

It seems that your approach would add to the width of space between the content blocks I am trying to separate (default height of block + height of image).

Plus I am out of images.  I am not opposed to paying the extra money to have more images if I knew that was a valid option.

Thank you for the suggestion though.