cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inserting HTML code

SOLVED
All Star

No Subject

Hi Celia. Things still appear to be broken. I may use anchors as a work-around. You may want to try that, as well. Just eliminating the TOC block and do your own via an article block.
Highlighted

Is there a way to make em dashes and to get around quote marks becoming inch symbols?

I apologize if this has been covered already. (I found one thread that discussed it but couldn't find a resolution.) I've tried html code for the em dash, but it reverts to a dash. Same for quote marks (to inch symbols) and apostrophes (to foot symbols).
Regular Visitor

N-dash?

Does Constant Contact support the n-dash (&ndash and m-dash (&mdash in html? It doesn't look like it does, but I'm wondering if I'm missing something.

What about dir="ltr"?

Occasional Participant

N-dash?

I found other threads confirming this is an issue. When you input the entity or em dash... it gets replaced with a hyphen.

Regular Visitor

N-dash?

My experience too is that an html m-dash and n-dash revert to a hyphen. Even when I enter the html code for them (— and –) in the html editor, that code is replaced by a hyphen (-). My question about html code dir-"ltr" for changing the direction of text from right-to-left to left-to-right was never answered. Trial and error has shown me it is not supported. Constant Contact, however, is pretty good at dealing with Hebrew text so I have not had to resort to this code as I have had to do in writing web pages.

How can I create a dash instead of a hyphen?

When I cut and paste from a Word doc to a newsletter in Constant Contact, all of my dashes in text become hyphens. Anyway around this?
Valued Contributor

Why is this a problem?

it's a problem because they are used differently. A hyphen is smaller & used only for compound words (such as twenty-year-old), or for separating prefixes (such as cross-cultural) but a dash (m-dash) is used to separate words, similar to a comma, it sets off words in the middle of a sentence. (such as "The major features of her poetry---strong images and complex tone---were often praised by critics") But in Constant Contact, if you cut/paste a dash, or even if you use html code for an m-dash or n-dash, they all revert to a hyphen.

I am interested in this as well. When I switch to code view and enter "—" for an em-dash, it previews OK, but then reverts back to a plain hyphen when the box is saved.

Addendum: Interestingly enough, the discussion forum recognizes the html code!