cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inserting HTML code

SOLVED
Occasional Participant

Seriously? XHTML won't keep?

ALT+TAB - Switch between open programs or windows ALT+F4 - Close the active item, or exit the active program CTRL+S - Save the current file or document (works in most programs) CTRL+C - Copy the selected item CTRL+V - Paste the selected item CTRL+X - Cut the selected item CTRL+Z - Undo an action CTRL+A - Select all items in a document or window
Regular Advisor

I'm a little confused over the problem you are having. The WYSIWYG editor uses HTML, not XHTML. If you are editing the HTML directly, be aware not all HTML tags are supported (form tags, for example). The code view window has an update button you can use to see your changes before you save the block. If you are using a custom template with your own XHTML, you can also preview your work before saving the email. Remember, the Advanced Editor means advanced as in skill level, not features. -Steve

I am a long time CC customer under a different account. In my fairly new account, I really need "Drag and Drop" and Resizing of images directly in message blocks. This is the one problem with CC. Else, everything, especially customer support, is spectacular! I have a 33,000 email address database that is growing at a rate of about 1,000 new addresses per month. Competitors do have "Drag and Drop" but have other problems, such as poor customer support. I understand from calling CC support that this is being worked on. This is 2010, and I need a solution very soon that includes more up-to-date "Drag and Drop" and easy image Resizing features. I hope that a beta release is available very soon. Anyone have a good idea here? Thanks!
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

N-DASHin Constant Contact

- dash – en dash — em dash Just typing them in seems to work both here and in email.
Occasional Participant

Constant Contact does not support certain illegal characters.

I just began using Constant Contact, and while I am fairly versed in HTML code, this error message has me confused:

Constant Contact does not support certain illegal characters. To continue, please change the following characters: … … … … … …
Other than the "dot" that appears in relevant places, I have no idea what this error means. Can someone help?
Honored Contributor

Re: Constant Contact does not support certain illegal characters.

Hi,

The problem with the email has to do with the ellipsis in it. An ellipsis looks like 3 dots (...) and Constant Contact can sometimes have trouble with it when the text is copied and pasted into the template.

If you go through the email and delete the ellipsis and manually re add, it usually corrects the issue.

This tends to only be a problem when the text is copied and pasted into the email. Manually typing in an ellipsis will not cause this error.

Thanks,

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Occasional Participant

I don't have 3 dots (...) in the code any where.

Honored Contributor

Hi,

Try highlighting the dots in your error message and do a find and replace and you should be able to locate them.

Thanks,

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Occasional Participant

I did have dots. Silly me! They were in the text portion, not in html code.

Now I have an error message saying "Your html contains more than one <html>  tag.  <html> may only appear once.
Please remove the extra tag(s) before continuing." This error message occurs with body and other tags. Am I to assume there is only one style for each email?

Honored Contributor

Hi,

You can only have one HTML open/close tag in your email. You will need to remove the additional tag. I would also check for additional open and closing Body tags.

Thanks,

Jarrad