cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inserting HTML code

SOLVED
Occasional Advisor

I have a widget from Amazon Associates I would like to insert into my Constant Contact, is it possible to insert this HTML?

What is it that you want to do? If you want your customers to go to a site where the script is running then create a blog or web page with the script info on it and then link your email marketing newsletter to the site you want the customers to visit. If you set it up on a specific page then you can track the number of click throughs and monitor the level of interest. If its not meeting expectations then you can make adjustments.
Occasional Advisor

Customize URL

Is there a way to import Contact Fields to be tagged on to a  URL through XHTML?  I've tried to simply tag on a merge field: <a href=URL<Property="Subscriber.CustomText5" > </a>  within the XHTML code, but it keeps breaking and not putting it all together.

Any ideas or help would be awesome!

Thanks.
Regular Advisor

Customize URL

To do this, you need to add the code to custom fields. Since a complete tag in one field will not work, you must break it down into a few fields. For example: custom field one: <a href="http:// custom field two: www.website.etc">< custom field three: /a> Put it all together in your code (no spaces between fields) so it appears as one complete tag. Give this a try. If it does not work, send me an email (via my profile) and I will help you out - Steve.
Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

Customize URL

Steve I've been playing with it off and on and still haven't gotten it to work exactly. I have been able to get the main part of the URL to work, but then it breaks when I try to insert the custom part of the URL. I couldn't email you from your profile and the comment box won't hold my HTML and Custom Field text. Could you email me if you could help? I would appreciate it.

Customize URL

Hello Everyone, Was the code for this ever finalized? I have a client project that depends on the ability to send a personalized URL in the email. But I haven't even been able to import the first part (

Customize URL

Not sure why my code was modified... the part I was trying to upload was the first part of the 'a' tag with the href in it...
All Star

HTML in the TOC?

Up until recently, I could add HTML in the TOC boxes to change font size, bold, add hard returns, etc. However, with my email this evening (the first fo its kind in 2 weeks), the HTML screws everything up, doubling itself, tripling itself, and just really messing up my vibe.  Each time I hit preview or "edit TOC block" it would add another entire copy of what was in teh TOC box. I usually use FF, but it does the same thing in IE. Did something recently change with what we can do in the TOC?

BTW, I was in an email last week when an update to CC was pushed through to my account. Something just didn;t feel right with that email I was editing at the time. Related?
All Star

HTML in the TOC?

OK, so the answer is that something is broken. The CC engineers are working on the TOC issue.
Occasional Participant

HTML in the TOC?

Thanks for posting this. I have been having the same problem this week. My TOC would repeat anything after an inserted line break tag. Guess I will send my newsletter with ugly line breaks this month.
All Star

HTML in the TOC?

Hi Celia. Things still appear to be broken. I may use anchors as a work-around. You may want to try that, as well. Just eliminating the TOC block and do your own via an article block.