cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inserting HTML code

SOLVED

Custom Templates

So there's no way to create a raw HTML template in a code editor, and then use it for my CC email newsletter? Our company already has a design and we'd like to use it with CC...

How can I use my own template?

I've created my own HTML template, it's saved on my PC's hard drive. How can I use it to create emails?
Valued Contributor

When you create a new email, on the screen where you choose your template, there is an option to "Use My Own Code" on the lower left of the page.
Honored Contributor

Set up the basic template and the exact block structure in the clients environment. Then go into HTML level and copy and paste the code from your original design to the customers new site. I've used this exact technique many times. You will need to go in and check any links and particulars but the basic structure should be a good starting point to work from in the clients account. Regards, Tony Regards. Tony
Honored Contributor

Sorry. This response was intended for another question.
Occasional Visitor

Custom template design

Hi

Having used Constant Contact for many years now on an occasional basis I would make better use of teh service by simplifying the process of generating emails using a tempalte rather than than Custom HTML.  Teh reason for the Custom HTML is to maintain our Company branding across all media.

Is there anyone out there that can offer a service to integrate our custom template into something we (and we alone) can select from the template options?

If so please let me know, or if anyone has another solution to this I would be grateful to hear what you have done.

Best Regards

John
Honored Contributor

Custom template design

Hi John, Are you looking to have your custom email turned into an editable template using our WYSIWYG editor? If so, you can contact Support at 1-866-289-2101 or chat live with them by clicking on the Help link above, then click on "Chat live with support" on the left sidebar. They can get you in contact with a Custom Services representative who can give you some options. I hope that helps! Marissa W. Community & Social Media Support Representative

Developer

Can I use the Advanced Editor to create a reusable template for others?

I've gone through and used the Advanced Editor to create a custom email and made it look how I want it to.

The person who will be creating the content of these emails would like to be able to use this custom email like a regular template. As in, instead of having to dig into the HTML in order to find the section of text to edit, there's a box on the Constant Contact editing interface and the text is placed there for them, probably substituting a placeholder tag.

I do not see how to do this in the documentation - is something like this possible? Can you use the Advanced Template to create a reusable "template" for others?
Honored Contributor

Can I use the Advanced Editor to create a reusable template for others?

Hi Wendy, Thank you for your question. There is no way to make a custom html into our WYSIWYG editor. You could use a Basic Pack template and transform it into the look/feel that you want for the template. Or our Custom Services Team could create a WYSIWYG template for you based on your design for a fee. If you are interested in speaking with a Custom Services Representative for more information, no obligation, let me know by sending me a private email through my profile. Or you can contact Support at 1-866-289-2101. I hope that helps! Marissa W. Community & Social Media Support Representative

Visitor

Re: Can I use the Advanced Editor to create a reusable template for others?

This is bad to know.. Just wondering if by this April 7 of 2012 this changed and now we are able to use WYSIWYG editor to modify custom templates that we created on PSD and coded into xHTML and CSS.

It would be great that you make this feature available.