cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inserting HTML code

SOLVED
Valued Contributor

Facebook Fanbox html not working

Intructions for inserting a Facebook link are included in FAQ 3899. Click on the "Help & Support" tab at the top of this page, then click on "Frequently Asked Questions" and search for 3899.

How do I use first and last name in the greeting?

I want to include the first and last name of the receipient in my emails.  How do I specify that in the HTML code?  Right now, the code reads like this:

<var id="LETTER.BLOCK6.greeting" salutation="I've been referred by" nametype="F" greeting="Greetings!" punctuation="!"><b>I've been referred by (Contact First Name)!</b></var>

And only displays the first name.  Do I need to change the nametype?  If so, what should it be?

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Valued Contributor

How do I use first and last name in the greeting?

If your using a template you don't have to touch the html. Open the block where you want too insert the name fields. Click where you want to insert the field. On the left of the screen, under the heading "Insert" you will find a drop down for "Insert Contact Details". Drop it down and select the field you want.

All Star

Can I insert a page break in a text version of my newsletter?

I want to be able to print my long newsletter, but pagination is random.  Can I insert page breaks manually?
Valued Contributor

Not really. HTML does not have any such thing as a page break.

Honored Contributor

I believe carriage returns are honored in the TEXT version.

All Star

That is a great question/suggestion for CC. My company has traditionally sent a PDF version of their e-mail that looks completely different. I am new and have everyone on board with sending only the CC version EXCEPT they still want to be able to print the newsletter that is mindful of widow lines and orphans. I keep explaining that alot of that can depend on printer settings and that it is meant to be an HTML e-newsletter not a printed newsletter. The time is literally double if we do it the other way. I wish CC would figure out a way to make this happen...

Has anyone been able to insert html for web affiliate / link programs

I've been accepted as a web affiliate for legal zoom and would like to include their html code in my newsletter.  The code is supposed to diplay a clickable banner that will track back to my account so that I get credit everytime someone buys their service through my link.  I can't figure out how to get it to work with CC.  No problem on a website but it is also supposed to work with emails as well.  Any advise would be helpful
Thanks,
Susan
Participant

If it is possible at all you need to make your e-mail by using "advanced editor" and using your own html code - that requires some work though But some problems lay ahead. 1) banners are usually graphics that doesn't show in most e-mails since outlook and other e-mail programs often will exclude graphics 2) clicks on CC e-mails are routed through CC to get statistics so the link might be corrupted and thus not tracked to your account 3) html-code is not just 'one code' and can be interpreted slightly different by different programs leading to unexpected results My suggestion is that you provide a normal URL-link in your e-mail to a web-page on your site where your service/products and the banners etc. can be placed safely and correct rgds

Honored Contributor

Is the code Java Script?