cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inserting HTML code

SOLVED
Occasional Participant

Parsing errors - ALL THE TIME!

No line numbering just parsing error. This is very frustrating.

Looking for more changes.

I have noticed and used the many new conveniences you have added to the email program.  Thank you!

I am wondering, though, about  the possibility of adding 'ready made' link bullets to use instead of text.  I copied yours from your customer emails and then I began to make my own and customize them, but they would look better probably if they were provided by this service.

Also, might there be a time soon when we could copy and paste photos like we do text?  That would eliminate so much time for us.  Thank you for listening.

Valued Contributor

Looking for more changes.

If you would like to request features you should ask Contant Contact. Here is a link you can use for that purpose. http://ui.constantcontact.com/support/feedback.jsp This is a user forum and as such, not intended for communication with Constant Contact.

Why is Formating Unordered Lists so crazy?

When I try to use a Bulleted List in my email, it just goes nuts. I can not control the line-spacing. I try to set the spacing just to ma the list readable, but the spacing always doubles when I click Save.
I even tried formatting in the HTML window. The Stylesheet only controls the structure, no access to styling. As I Web designer, I know that there should be an easier way to format the email.
This problem really messes up the presentation. Can anyone help?

Valued Contributor

Can you post the html? It is difficult to tell what is wrong without seeing the code.

Honored Contributor

I've been there. That falls under the trying to change a font or color "black magic" heading. Time consuming and frustrating for sure. Its the editor, its a bit buggy in certain areas. The more you work with it the more you'll find.

Honored Contributor

Check out this BLOG, it may help. http://supportconstantcontact.blogspot.com/2010/05/four-rules-for-making-bulleted-lists.html

I totally agree the formatting is terrible, the is no control over the text, color changing and font size. You will eventually get there but its time consuming that we do not have sometimes...

Disappointed with new features

While the new features seem like they would help, there are far too many bugs that Constant Contact should have fixed before releasing it. A few of those include:
1. When I hit edit, fonts suddenly change to Times New Roman yet it still says they are Trebuchet.
2. Words/phrases that are centered show up as left justify in preview.
3. Bullets not working properly in a few cases.
4. If I don't want to select a color from your list, and want to add a hex color, I can't unless I link the item.

I'm very disappointed that you didn't work these things out before you released this version. Your lack of detail makes it harder for your customers to use your service.

CTCT Employee

Disappointed with new features

I apologize for the problems that you are experiencing in the updated editor. We are working out a couple of the bugs that you mention and will be delivering fixes very soon. Regarding #4: You can add hex color by selecting the "More Colors" option on the palette and then entering the hex value in the lower right-hand corner. Again, I apologize deeply for the problems that you are currently experiencing. We are working as fast as we can to resolve the problems. If you would like to speak to our Support team to get help with any of the problems, please give them a call at 866-289-2101. Thanks, Mike Karampalas Product Manager Constant Contact