cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

just received newsletter and photos/copy are out of line in one of the articles

Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Emails don't look the way I desgined them once they are sent.

Why does the format of my email change once it is sent out. I preview it and it looks great and then when I open it in my email on my computer it is completed shifted around and looks ridiculous.
Honored Contributor

Re: Emails don't look the way I desgined them once they are sent.

It happens. . What email client are you having the issue with? . Outlook?
Honored Contributor

Re: Emails don't look the way I desgined them once they are sent.

Hi @MistiH4 

I'm sorry to hear that your email looks different when you send it out as a live email. Display issues can vary due to specific email clients. What email client are you using? If you still need help, let us know!

Anonymous
Not applicable

preview

I created my first newsletter in this program today. I carefully reviewed the preview and saw no issues but when I emailed the document it did not appear correctly (did not look like the preview) on the screen. Is there someone there that can explain this to me? Thanks Lynn
Tags (2)

Re: preview

Hi @Anonymous

I am sorry to hear this happened. Unfortunatelyevery email client reads the email a little differently so we suggest testing in multiple clients and browsers to see how it looks. What email client did you send the test to? Can you tell me more about what looks different in the live copy?

Thanks,

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Honored Contributor

re: "so we suggest testing in multiple browsers"

That can be misleading.  You mean to say multiple browsers AND multiple email clients AND as many versions of OutLook as you can afford.

Anonymous
Not applicable

The newsletter consisted of several separate stories with pictures. The preview showed it perfectly layed out with pictures places appropriately next to the story. The recipients opened the letter with one of the stories pushed into one tall thin column. This affected all recipients across a wide variety of email clients and applications. I found this very disappointing as it appeared that after careful design, and effort with preview, it still was not the quality that I expected. I must say, I am a bit Leary about my next newsletter designed in constant contact.
Honored Contributor

The preview tool is not a 100% reliable method of ensuring that your piece will be presented well in all email clients or the worst challenge Microsoft Outlook".

If you wish help with tweaking your piece drop me a PM here. I provide that sort of support service.

Preview off from edit

My email looks very different when I send myself a test email, than it does when I preview it. Help!

Tags (2)

Re: Support?

HI @DianeC939

I see you were able to get in touch with support for help with this. It looks like our second level of support recommended switching back to the regular editor and using tables to hold the content in place. Have you been able to test this out?

Thanks!

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!