cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

link issue

Highlighted

link issue

Hello,

We have been enjoying the CC platform for our in house emails to our clients. Overall a clean and easy platform.

We recently designed an email announcement. The important element in it was a link to a trailer for a short film we have produced, posted to Vimeo. When we tested the email in house, the link worked. When we sent the newsletter out, the link did not work. The URL resolved looking mostly correct, but with “%20” at the end, the html code for a space. After the newsletter went out and we became aware of the bad link, we copied the project and noted the extra space at the end of the link, though when the “Test Link” button was used at that point, the link worked. We ended up sending out a corrected newsletter, after a lot of careful testing.

I recognize it’s *possible* that we pasted in a space originally during design, but gosh don’t most systems compensate for added spaces like this? And why would none of the testing let us see the problem, both in a test email and with the Test Button feature? Please advise.

vimeo in CC.png

Tags (3)
1 REPLY 1

Re: link issue

Hi @FionaM467 

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! From the details you’ve provided, it does in fact sound like there was a space either before or after your link. At this time linking a video and putting a space before/after the URL gives no error or warning that it's incorrect. However it will error with a %20 in the URL. If you come across this experience again and your email is still in Draft, delete the space(s) before or after the URL will help avoid this error message. However if the email is already sent, you will have to make a copy of email, update the URL, and resend it to your contacts.

Frankie P.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!