cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

list builder app for android

Occasional Participant

list builder app for android

We installed the list builder app for Android in our store.  We have five mailing lists, of which three are for customer use.  We checked all three in the options panel, but when we entered a new contact, it only showed up on one of them.  Presumably, at least it should show up on all three, but better yet would be to give the person signing up the choice of which one or more of the three he/she wants to be on.

6 REPLIES 6
CTCT Employee

Re: list builder app for android

Hello @MikeyW62,

Thank you for reaching out about the List Builder app. When you select three different lists, all three should display when the customer is signing up so that they can pick which one they'd like to be added to. If this isn't happening can you please email us screenshots of how you have the lists set up in the dashboard, how they're displaying when someone goes to signup, and the email address of the contact that had trouble with this to social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com, while referencing this post so that we can look into this further for you?

Amber_L
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Occasional Participant

Just to close the loop . . .

After providing the requested materials, I got a prompt response that, indeed, the app only supports adding contacts to a single list, not multiple lists, as is sort of implied by the app, and stated in their earlier response.

The support person said she has made a request on our behalf to add that feature to the app.  There was no indication of whether the request was accepted, and if so, when it could become available.

Tags (2)

Hi @MikeyW62 

Thank you for helping us close this loop here in the Community. You are correct, at this time our List Builder App only allows contacts to be added into one list. I apologize we do not currently have a time estimate of when the ability to select more than one list will be available. This feature request has however been successfully submitted this request to the appropriate teams. In the meantime, we have also submitted a ticket to update our support article for this tool to reflect this information.

Frankie P.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Highlighted
Occasional Participant

I absolutely agree wholeheartedly that the documentation should match what the app actually does.  There is an issue with changing the documentation however.  The app currently shows all you e-mail lists, and allows you to check as many as you like.  But as we agree, it only adds the contact to one list.  If you check more than one, I don't know how the app chooses which of the ones you check it will add the name to.

So, while you could simply modify the documentation to say that only one list should be checked, that isn't complete, as it doesn't say what happens if you select more than one.

I see several alternatives. 

You could say that that if you select more than one, the results are "undefined".  Ugh!

You could investigate, whether by trial and error or by looking at the code, which list the contact gets added to, and document that.

Or you could change the app to only allow one box to be checked.

Of course, if you are going to open the app's code to figure out its algorithm, or change it to only accept one check, you could just change it to add the contact to all the checked lists, and eliminate the need to change the documentation!  :-)

Tags (2)
Occasional Participant

I wasn't sure whether to make this reply here, or start a new thread regarding the IOS list builder app, so I apologize if I made the wrong choice.

Just to try it, I downloaded the list builder app for IOS to see if its behavior was any different from the Android app.  I checked three out of our five lists then added a new contact.  Just like the Android app, it didn't give me a choice of which lists to add to, but unlike the Android app, it added the contact to all three of the lists.  This is definitely better than the Android app's behavior, though it would be better still if it behaved as you indicated it should, and give the contact a choice.  Anyway, I thought you should know, as it may help you fix/enhance the app(s), and update the documentation accordingly.

Tags (2)
CTCT Employee

Hey @MikeyW62,

Thank you for reaching out to us! I appreciate you sharing your comparison of the app on two different types of phones. I will pass along your experience to our developer team for them to review! Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Desi_B

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!