cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

lost my second user?

All Star

lost my second user?

Hi, I had a user account that I wanted to assign to someone else, I deactivated it and now I can't replace it? Did you remove functionality when you increased prices last? We use your system 3 months a year and your rates / functionality are becoming hard to justify.
5 REPLIES 5
CTCT Employee

Re: lost my second user?

Hi @NathanW270,

I'm very sorry for any inconvenience or frustration this has caused. With the migration to our New Experience there was a change in how many users are available for an account. Customers who subscribe to the Email plan are provided with one user, whereas, the Email Plus plan provides the option for up to three users. Any account with existing additional users were grandfathered in at no extra charge. Because of this you can deactivate an additional user, but would need to upgrade to Email Plus to add an additional user.

We understand the need to keep additional costs at bay and we know sometimes transitions can be difficult. Please know that account owners were notified for several weeks in advance of the migration and changes (both within your account and via email communication) and we apologize if our message was somehow missed.  

We'd also like to share that all customer feedback is being forwarded directly to our developers regarding this change. And you can rest assured that we are also passing along customer sentiment regarding our New Experience.

Nichelle M
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
All Star

Thank you for the feedback Nichelle.  We are a non-profit swim club that is open 3 months a year and we have 1000 email addresses.  We send maybe 12 emails a year and we're paying $480.  There is no way I can justify upgrading to "plus". 

So my alternative is to give the swim coaches and tennis coaches full administrative control of our account, since I can't make a "campaign only" account with the most recent changes.  Frustrating, poor service and expensive.

Hello @NathanW270,

I can understand your desire to keep costs down and maximize the use of your account. I recommend reaching out to our Billing team at 1-855-229-5506 during business hours (7AM-9PM EST, Monday through Friday) and inquiring about our Suspend program. Your account will be suspended for a small monthly fee. You can still create and edit campaigns and add and delete contacts while on suspend but you will not be able to send email campaigns out without re-activating the account. If you're only actively sending during a three month period this has the potential to help you save on the rest of the year.

Nick S.
Social Media & Content Manager

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

So it seems that we pay more for less users?? We change users here at this company and create jobs. Great deal there! Looking for a better deal somewhere else.

Hi @MarjorieR29

Thanks for reaching out in the Community. I apologize for any inconvenience this change in your account may have caused. With that being said, I will pass on your feedback about this change to our developers. Please reach back out to let us know if you have any additional questions with any other aspects of your account.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.