cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

multiple opens by the same contact

SOLVED
Highlighted
dth

multiple opens by the same contact

i sent an email blast out and looked in my all opens ....there are quite a number of contacts who are opening multiple times ,,,one contact has opened 107 times..??? Why...could she have forwarded to others...we dont have a forwarding link in our email

thanx dth

Tags (3)
5 REPLIES 5
Honored Contributor

Re: multiple opens by the same contact

Hi @dth 

Thanks for posting. I took a look at your most recently sent campaign and I believe I know which email address you are referring to.

First, you are correct this person could be using their own Forward button within their email client to forward the email. That would only track as their email address opening. We don't have any tracking if you had used the Forward to a Friend link as to when/how many times someone opens that. 

The other thing is that this email address is a "info@" email address. It is very possible that more than 1 person has access to that email address.  If possible, it would be best to contact this person and ask them for their direct email address to use instead. What could happen is that if more than 1 person has access to this email address, a role address, then there could be multiple people opening the email and even forwarding it on. Which would show for more opens than what you would see normally.

I hope that makes sense!

I'm new to CC - can you tell me how you find contacts that are opening more than one campaign?

Honored Contributor

Hi @GordyG9

Welcome to Constant Contact! While we don't have a feature that would automatically do this for you, I do have a workaround. If anyone else can think of another way, please share that too!

What comes to mind first for me is to tag your contacts that have opened your email. You can then use the tags to sort and export your contacts to see who is opening multiple emails. Here is a post that @Hannah_M wrote about tags.

Check that out and try it out! If you have any questions let us know!

Others reading this, share your best tips on how you find out who is opening multiple campaigns in your account!

Why in the world would CC not track multiple opens.  THERE IS NOTHING MORE IMPORTANT TO A BUSINESS OWNER THAN KNOWING THAT SOMEONE HAS A HIGH ENOUGH LEVEL OF INTEREST TO OPEN THEY EMAIL 5, 10 OR 15 TIMES!!!!!!

If one open, or a unique open is worth tracking, multiple opens provides 100 times the value as a single open.  

Please Constant Contact, understand your own value, put a feature that allows us to easily track mulitple opens. Now I have to cut and past each page of total opens, then sort to spreadsheet, then sort email addresses to get the same address opens custered together.  

CTCT Employee

Hello @shawne

Thanks for posting in the Community.  I can understand how having a comprehensive report like the one you describe could be helpful to not only your business, but others as well.  We have an idea in our feedback area around this topic.  Can you vote/comment on this with the reporting features you would like to see please?  This area of the Community is set to get feedback from our customers so that our product teams can see what our customers are saying.  The more votes and comments that the ideas receive mean better visibility to those teams and a greater chance of being implemented.